Chapter Nine - Astrid's P.O.V

He kissed me. Hiccup Haddock kissed me. His lips were soft and fit against mine, almost as if we were made for each other. I pulled back and just stared at him. Then without warning, I smacked his face-hard. "Ow! Son of a--what the hell was that for?!" "That's for not kissing me sooner." I leaned in and kissed his mouth, sparks of electricity flowing through me. "And that's for everything else." I smiled and cuddled in his arms. He held me against his chest, stroking my hair. "Hey, what was it you wanted to ask me?" I asked. "Huh? Oh, right." He chuckled. "Well, at first I was going to ask you if you wanted to grab coffee sometime. Now, I have to tell you something milady." He called me Milady. Fuck he already gave me a pet name! I was having a mental freak out on the inside. "You see, the thing is Astrid I've liked you for a long time as well. I guess both of us were too shy to admit it. So i suppose it's a good thing that thug shot my leg." I shook my head. "You don't think we're taking this too fast, are you?" I questioned. Hiccup paused for a moment. "If you love someone, it doesn't matter how fast you take things." Loved me? He's taking big steps. "My whole life you've been the only girl I wanted. Of course I've never really talked to you or gotten to know you, but through the years I feel like I have if you know what I mean." I nodded. "Yeah, it's every girls dream to be liked by their crush. But...would you mind if we could take this slow?" He placed his hands on my face, gently turning me to look at him. I blushed and he grinned. "Yeah, we can take this slow." He kissed my forehead and I got off the bed, but my hand never left his. "Since we know nothing about each other, tell me about yourself." He said.

That's exactly what I did. I told him how I've been taking this defense and hardcore training class since I was 5. My uncle "Fearless" Finn Hofferson was one of the top in his class before some idiot badly injured him, making him unable to fight anymore. Not only am I doing it for him but to represent the Hofferson clan. I also told him if we're going to start dating, he can't be extremely mushy-girly things never impressed me. But he didn't like that decision I made and just said that he'll find a way to surprise me. I rambled on how I adore animals, especially dogs and dragons and expressed my newly found interest for wanting to draw.

Hiccup listened and watched me talk as an hour or so passed. He seemed truly interested in me, which was a slight relief since I would think most boys ignore what girls have to say. But all the while, I felt something inside that I never felt before-true happiness. As much as I love hanging out with the twins, being around Hiccup was different. I could feel a special connection between Hiccup and I when our worlds collided for the first time; I had a feeling that connection would soon grow into something more.
•••
10 votes or 10 comments for the next chapter! 😊❤️