Leaking Poison

I looked down at my now ruined lab coat, that could not have gone any more wrong.
"Well Doug, I guess that didn't work." I said and he laughed.
"At least no one got hurt." He said and I looked at my hands. They were plastered with plastic because my gloves had melted.
"Okay I am gonna go, wash this off. I'll be back." I said walking out the door to the bathroom. I saw Mal at her locker, she looked mad.
"You alright M?" I asked stopping next to her. She looked at me and growled angerly.
"No, E, I'm not." she said and slammed her locker.
"Alright miss grumpy, what's wrong?" I asked and she whipped around to look at me. She would never snap at me.
"Audrey, that's whats wrong." she paused and looked at my hands. "Lets head to the bathroom I'll tell you there." she said and we walked to the bathroom. When we opened the door Audrey was on her way out. Mal glared at her evily and she smiled sweetly. I drug Mal into the bathroom and Audrey walked away.
"So what did she do?" I asked washing my hands in the cold water.
"Ben and I were working on our joint art project and she comes over and stats to flirt with him. Now because it's Ben he ignored it and we continued to work. But then she decided to spill paint all over my favorite jacket!" Mal started to rant as I washed the plastic off my hands. The water started to burn and it was now a grayish color. I  pulled my hands out quickly and looked at them.
"E, you okay?" Mal asked now concerned. I nodded and looked back at my hands. They were perfectly fine, and the water was now running clear
"Mal did you see that?" I asked as we walked out of the bathroom. She shook her head.
"No I just saw you pull your hands out of the water." she said looking down at them. I shrugged and Mal continued to rant. We go back to her locker and I stopped.
"So E, do you think you could sew me a new jacket?" Mal asked and I nodded.
"Anytime M." I looked at the clock. "I need to go finish my project. Talk to you later." I said and ran back to class. Doug had finished cleaning up and had the experiment set up this time we would get it right.
"Okay so lets try this again" I said and sat down next to Doug. As I went to pick up the beaker of water, it started to heat up and turn the same grayish color. I tried to ignore it, but then it started to bubble and spill. It dripped onto my hand and burnt like crazy. My hand felt like the skin was tearing away, I quickly dropped the beaker and ran out of the class, I could hear Doug following me but I didn't stop until I reached the bathroom and ran in. I looked into the mirror and started to cry.  I didn't understand what was happening and it scared me. I heard someone open a stall and turned to see Audrey.
"What are you doing here again?" she asked me rudely. I ignored her and grabbed some paper towles to dry my eyes. I didn't want to wash my face in fear of the water burning me. Audrey laughed and pushed me into the sink then walked out of the room.i clenched my fist tightly and the mirror I was standing in front of shattered and a grey smoke started to leak from it. I stepped back as it seeped out the door, but moments later I heard a scream and ran out of the bathroom. Audrey was on the ground with burn marks on her hands. She looked back at me and scowled angerly.
"You did this!" she screamed and stormed off to the infirmary. I ran back to my dorm trying to avoid everyone in fear of hurting them. What was happening to me?