Isolation

I slammed the door and ran my hand through my hair.
"Think E.. What could you do to protect everyone.." I said and walked over to the window it was pretty cloudy and supposed to storm tonight. I sighed and flopped down onto my bed. After a few minutes I almost fell asleep but Mal walked in.
"Hey E, you mind-" she stopped and looked at me, I must still have traces of me crying.
"Who do I have to beat up?" she asked and I laughed a little.
"M, it's not anyone... Just forget it.." I said and Mal looked at me and nodded.
"Okay, but tell me if you need something." she said and I nodded. I looked over to the window and slowly found myself falling asleep again.
About an hour later I woke up and saw it was getting dark, one of the misfortunes of fall. I sighed and stood up, then walked into the bathroom. I shakily turned on the water and quickly threw my hair up into a ponytail. Mal walked in and stood next to me at the sink.
"So you're up finally?" she said and laughed a little. I found myself ignoring her, afraid of something happening.
"Well I am going to the party Jane is throwing are you coming?" she asked putting on a little bit of make up. I shook my head and turned away from her. Mal grabbed my arm and turned me around.
"Whats wrong? Why aren't you talking?" she asked and I moved my arm out of her grip then walked out of the bathroom. Mal followed me and grabbed her jacket.
"E, I don't want to snap at you so I'm leaving if you need me I'll be at Jane's." she said and walked out slamming the door. I flinched at the door and walked back over to the window. I have officially decided to isolate myself to protect everyone. It might not be the smartest idea, but it is the safest. I walked over to.my sewing machine and sat down. I searched through the fabric I had and found the purples. I pulled out multiple and started to sew Mal a new jacket.
It had been about 3 hours now but I finally finished the jacket. I turned and saw Mal walk in. She looked tired but it was 11 so that makes sense she walked over to her bed and laid down. I turned off my sewing machine and the light.
"You didn't have to stop you know." Mal said and I shrugged. She sighed and rolled over.
"Goodnight." she said bitterly. I walked over to our closet and pulled out my pajamas then walked into the bathroom and changed. I came out and found Mal out cold, so I turned off the light and went to bed.
A few days later and I still refuse to talk. Mal had wanted me to help her in the chemistry lab so I was on my way there. I was starting to notice that no one was in the school. I shrugged and finally arrived at the chemistry lab. I opened the door and the room was pitch black. I flicked on the light and saw everyone I knew was standing in there. I glanced around the room nervously and heard someone shut the door behind me. I turned and saw Mal she had a look of worry in her eyes.
"Evie. We want to know what's going on, your not talking and its not like you not to talk." she said calmly and I took a step back, or tried to, but saw Jay was blocking my path. I started shaking and fell to the floor crying. I couldn't confess they would think I'm crazy!