Chapter Thirteen.

"It's-" I begin. But somehow the words I wanted to say could not form.

"The dresses!" Bonnie squealed, "But- how? How did you know, Andrew?"

"Kate sent me some pictures of the three of you. You all looked so happy and so beautiful so I thought 'why not'." My dad smiled at me.

I turned to my mum who was staring at the dresses with a tear rolling down her manicured face. I gave her a kiss on the cheek before getting a running start to give my dad the biggest hug. With my legs wrapped around him, I squeezed tightly and he held onto me. I bet he misses the idea of me being a child so I allow him this one time to treat me like a kid again. He gives my shoulder a pat; an indication that it's time to let go.

Once I step back, Bonnie walks forward, stands on her toes and gives my dad a hug too.

"Well dad," I start to tease, "this is one way to pick up girls, eh?"

My mum digs my side with her elbow but laughs nonetheless. The room is filled with laughter but falls silent. But it's a comfortable silence; a good silence. I walk towards the table and stroke the fabric with my fingers.

"Ladies, I suggest we allow for the gentleman to get ready. I invite you to my room for preparation." I announced with a proud grin. Bonnie and mum both follow me upstairs with their dresses whilst my dad heads towards the living room - presumably to watch the TV.

Men, I think to myself, the lucky bastards only take 3 minutes to get ready.

I roll my eyes and continue walking up the stairs... 5 at a time.