[19]

#1 Chicklit 😛 June 2016

Golden

I tried sitting up in the hospital bed but my body felt weak. I turned my head to the left and saw Ka'ron was sleeping in a chair next to my bed. One of his hands rested on mine while his other hand supported his head as a pillow.

"Ka'ron" I called out but he didn't wake up. The sound of the door opening caught my attention and I looked up and saw a doctor walk in.

"Good you're awake, how are you feeling?" He asked looking over the machines as he wrote things down.

"How's the baby?" I asked looking down. My stomach was still small since I was only a couple months so you couldn't tell.

"There was two babies developing but one of them didn't make it" he said sadly.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath trying to reign in my thoughts. My mind was racing and I couldn't help but to blame myself for being so stupid. I thought back to the time were my mind was telling me to stay away from him.

"I'll give you two some time, I'll come and check back with you. I want to keep you here until you've healed a little better" he nodded before walking out of the room.

"Gold you okay?" I heard Ka'ron ask as he stretched and stood up. He walked over to the bathroom and where I heard him gargling.

"Why me?" I asked myself not really answering him. He came back out the bathroom and came and stood next to me.

"Maybe God--" he started but I didn't want to hear it.

"I'm tired of hearing about a God that has allowed nothing but bad to happen my entire life"

"God never promised you a perfect life, he just promised to be there with you and to help pick you up when you fall. I'm sorry you lost the baby Gold but he or she is in a better place" he said.

"Every single time I think I'm going somewhere and getting to the end of the tunnel, it just gets longer and I'm thrown back into the darkness"

"Well God will be your light in that dark place, if it wasn't for me putting my trust in God, I probably wouldn't be where I'm at today, standing in front of this beautiful strong woman" he smiled making my mood lighten up a little bit. I knew I wouldn't go back down that road with Ka'ron but he made me feel better. The new him was always positive and putting a smile on my face instead of bruises.

"You didn't have to come here"

"Well baby daddy number two wasn't anywhere to be found, not that it would have stopped me from coming if he was" Ka'ron joked but thinking of Jayceon again made my mind start racing.

"I don't want to talk about him, he's the reason I'm here"

"What you mean he's the reason you're here?" he asked getting serious.

"Ka'ron just leave it alone" I said.

"That's why he hasn't been answering when his sister called him"

"You have no place to judge so just drop it"

"I changed, I got help but I see I'll forever been seen as the bad guy. I get it but that make it okay for that nigga to do it?" He shook his head and walked out of the room. I covered my face and just cried. Nothing ever went right in my life.

La'Shae

"I'm looking for a Golden Banks" I told the nurse at the front desk. While I was on the phone with Golden waiting for the ambulance, I was buying a plane ticket.

"Okay I'm going to need an ID" she said. I searched my bag and grabbed my ID and handed it to her. I watched her type in a few things before writing my name on a pass. She handed my back my ID and gave me the pass.

"Thank you"

"She just got out of surgery so she's probably tired but she's okay. Make sure you don't lose that pass" she smiled.

"Okay how do I get there?" I asked.

"Just take the elevator to the third floor and turn right when you get out, she's in room 3219"

"Thank you again" I smiled before taking off towards the elevator. The second it opened, I ran in and repeatedly pressed on 3. If I found out Jayceon had anything to do with her being here, I was going to kill him.

____________________

What y'all thinks gonna happen next...

naya😘