[29]

Golden

"Mommy why they have daddy pictures up there?" Ketara asked as we walked out of the church. Today was Jayceon's funeral and the service had just finished. They were taking his body to the grave site to bury but I didn't want to witness that.

"Cause he's gone foreber" Kash said. I turned around and pulled him towards me.

"Kash! Don't say that!" I scolded him. I tried my best to explain what happened in a way they would understand and he didn't take it so well.

"Why daddy leave?" Elijah frowned hoping down the steps. The bruises they had on their faces had healed up a little since the incident. I made sure I covered a lot of the mirror in the house because they would get upset every time they saw their reflection.

"You good Gold?" Jason asked walking up.

"Yeah these kids are just a hand full"

"I bet they are, you got your own little army right here" he joked. I looked around spotting Kaelin talking with Ada and Ava. She kind of guessed something bad had happened so she didn't take it as bad but she was still hurt. Jayceon wasn't her father but they had a bond.

"Yeah I got future kings and queens" I smiled looking at the little ones while touching my baby bump. I was taking this pregnancy and my life one day at a time. I wasn't sure where to go from here but I was going to stay strong.

"We all coming to your house?" He asked.

"Yeah can you take the kids to my car, I need to do something real quick"

"Yeah come on little monsters" he said picking Ketara up.

"Her behind can walk, y'all be babying her too much" Claire said walking. I bit my tongue and decided not to say anything back to her. I knew how hurt she was even though she didn't show it.

"I'll be back" I excused myself and walked over to Meleana.

"Golden" she spoke trying to get herself together. She had been hysterical during the funeral. I couldn't hate the girl because we didn't know about eachother so I decided to be cordial with her.

"I came to see how you were holding up and if you had plans after you leave here. My family is coming back to my house for food and family fun, you can come if you want"

"You don't have to play nice, I know I'm the last person you want here"

"Listen these last few week have opened my eyes up to a lot, I have way more important thing to focus my energy on than hating you"

"I'm sorry about everything that happened" she spoke apologizing about what had happened when the boys had been found. There was a body of a little boy found when they discovered Kash and Elijah.

"We know you had something to do with the kidnappings and the recent killings of Jayceon Carter, Candice Flemmings, Nathan Sanders and Joel Sanders" the detective spoke sitting in front of an unfamiliar woman. Dectective Miller allowed me to stand behind the glass along with Meleana to listen to this woman.

"The woman that you found was behind it all, she was using me to take the fall" the woman spoke. I didn't recognize her face but her voice for some odd reason, I felt like I heard before.

"Cut the crap Ms.Hall, Mrs. Carter has identified you as her cousin so we know that you know the first victim. Candice Flemmings was connected to Nathan and that is how you got to know who he was. Question is why would you kill them"

"That's what she said?"

"She informed me that you stayed at her house when she was out of town or when she needed someone to babysit"