Chapter Two

Comment babies!!!
--------

"Wake up!" Lola's voice woke me. I felt drool at the side of my mouth and wiped it away in disgust. Foiled yet again from seeing where things would go with my mystery dream man. So much easier than real life, but not if people kept interrupting. Lola poked me in the side.

"Hey! I'm up! How long was I out?"

"Twenty minutes, lazy ass." I ignored her comment, my eyes landing on her laptop, the webpage already open. So sue me if I wanted to go to sexy dreamland again.

Lola spoke honestly. "I still don't know if you're joking about this, Cali."

I didn't either.

But my parents were in trouble. They wouldn't be able to pay the loan—at least not if there was a deadline. They'd be in trouble, and seeing them go through that was worse than me going through it. What if their house was taken away? Or they went to jail? I didn't know how this stuff worked. Plus, I definitely wasn't going to be able to pay for college next year unless I quickly found a job that paid super well. Even then, I wouldn't be able to make a dent in that loan.

It was just my virginity... Right? Virginity was a huge deal for some girls, but not really for me. It wasn't for lack of trying either, but no one being the right fit... This made me feel like a sex worker, selling my body for sex...which was a legit job and all, but maybe not the one for me right now. Also, it wasn't my ideal scenario to have my first time be with some ugly, creepy sugar daddy. Those had to be the clients on this site.

Maybe if no one knew about it...it would be okay. Lola wouldn't tell a soul—I trusted her with my life. I nibbled my lip, anxious about this whole situation.

I was seriously thinking about this. Had I lost it? Should I just download Tinder?

"Depends," I muttered, biting my bottom lip.

Lola arched an eyebrow, uncrossing her legs "On?"

"How much money...if someone would even pay for me." I didn't believe anyone would—no one had been mutually interested in me this far—which was why I was actually considering it. We were thinking of possibilities, that's all. "What the person is like...and looks like. I'm not looking for Mr. Perfect, but I'm avoiding Mr. Blah."

"That's all?"

"And you can't tell a soul...or judge me."

"Cal, this was my idea. I can't judge you." She sighed. "I promise I won't let you go to any guy who would kidnap you, and I'll only let you go through with it if they pay well."

Was it bad I actually trusted her with this? I was half-serious, half-not about this whole situation. I mean what if the guy was hot? Or he paid me enough to pay for Mom's treatment? It would be worth it then for one night, right?

"Go for it."

"Really?" Her eyes lit up. "If you're joking, I'm not going through all this trouble."

"I'm serious, Lola, do it. I'll give you some of the money. Deal?"

A huge smile appeared on her face. "You're the best, Cali!"

I pulled out my phone. "Oh god. Guess what I have? One missed call from Alex..."

"Seriously? That boy does not know how to take a 'no,'" Lola muttered, although she seemed like she wasn't focused on me at all. She was dead serious about this whole virginity thing, and it made me smile.

I was, too, but I knew that no one would pay for me. We'd do this because it took our mind of the shitty reality. Go through the motions, the hypotheticals, and tomorrow would be exactly the same as today.