Chapter Six

"THIS IS REAL! OH MY GOD, CAL. IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!" Lola said.

As I dragged my full suitcase behind her, my heart was pounding and my stomach was swirling. We were going to Oregon. I had never been there before, so at least I got to see a new place.

Honestly, I was feeling kind of hopeful... Hopeful that the airport would reject our tickets and send us on our way home.

Lola pulled out her phone when it buzzed. I glanced over to see that she had an incoming Skype call. We shared a look, but she answered it.

"Turn the video camera on." Colton sounded gruff, like he'd woke up from a long nap or something.

"No, we're walking in the airport."

"Turn it on. Now." Something in his voice made Lola hit the button, but she continuously glared at her phone, not happy with the man on the other side.

"Turn on yours," I spoke up.

"You're not the one giving orders here, love." He chuckled. "Glad you two made it to the airport. I wanted to check that you were going through with it. Your plane should be leaving in thirty minutes, right?"

"Right," I grumbled.

"Great. Someone will be waiting to collect you when you arrive. Have fun." Then the call ended.

Lola glanced to me. "Looks like I won't be the only person who lost her virginity to an asshole."

I narrowed my eyes. "Don't make me turn back."

"He's hot!" Lola said, holding up her hands. "Like at the very least there's that. And I'm coming with you and will murder him if you ask, so be happy. We're going on a trip!"

"I could leave right now and go lose it to Alex. And he'd probably cry of joy if I asked."

She scrunched up her face. "And then I'd cry for your bank account."

A huge bump woke me and I shouted, thinking the plane was crashing. The plane continued to bump and Lola quickly clasped a hand over my mouth.

"We're landing, shut up," she hissed, her eyes wider than bowling balls.

My chest rose up and down quickly, glancing around. Sure enough the plane was rolling on the ground, but not only that, everyone was staring at me. My face heated up and I averted my eyes. "That scared me so bad."

"You scared me, screaming in my ear." She shook her head. "What is wrong with you?"

I scowled. "Are we here?"

Lola nodded. We stood and grabbed our small bags tucked up top as our big suitcases had been put away. Slowly but surely, we moved along the aisle until we got down the stairs to the ground. Lola snatched my hand, and pulled me so quick I thought my arm would pop out of my socket.

We went speeding past people until we were in front, and finally through to where all the suitcases were.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" I snapped, rubbing my sore shoulder. She looked over her shoulder and I followed her view.

Everyone was so slow, walking like zombies and I understood. Lola wasn't a patient person and would have gone mental waiting in that line. I turned back around, my eyes searching for my case on the conveyor belt that went around. Lola ran to hers with a winning grin, probably counting it as a competition who got their luggage first.

My blue polka dot case finally came into view and I walked over to it, picking it up with one hand, trying to hide the struggle I was having with its weight.

The realization hit me—we were here, right now. We'd been flown to Oregon by some crazy hot young billionaire who was probably a serial killer so he could "take" my virginity. We were actually going through with a plan I initially thought was only a fantasy. I tried to mask my panic and swallowed the lump in my throat.

Lola must have noticed my expression because she said, "Don't be nervous. I'm here and like I said, I will beat anyone who tries to touch you...well, he'll have to touch you since you're going to have sex wi—"

"Not helping," I snapped, but she smiled.

"Want to grab something to eat? Calm your nerves?"

"I'm not hungry."

My stomach grumbled, betraying me and siding with Lola. She raised her eyebrows with a smirk and I let out my surrendering sigh. It took us ten minutes to find one of those pretzel places. We both got something and all but scarfed it down.

"We are so late," I groaned, rubbing my full stomach.

"Don't worry." Lola licked her lips and waved her hand. We stood up, and it felt so good to be full. Not the type of full that made you want to throw up, but the type that satisfied you.

We followed the signs up above and finally reached the escalator where we went down. There we found a man with a sign down by his side, talking to someone on the phone. We shared a look, and the moment he saw us, he scowled. He held up the sign to show our names and I offered a sheepish smile.

Lola was the person to blame—I'd totally sell her out. She nudged me in the ribs as if knowing my thought.

As we neared the man, we heard him speak into the phone. "No need to call them—they're here now." He grumbled, "Yeah, bye." He shoved the phone in his pocket.

"Well?" He glared at us. The man seemed to be older than Colton, but still looked good.

"Well, what?" Lola snapped.

He took a step toward her. "You do realize how late you are, right?"

"Fashionably late." She narrowed her eyes, not backing down even though he towered over her.

I bit my lip and tugged her arm. "We're sorry," I said quickly, "it won't happen again—we got lost."

He gave me a look over before turning away. "Hurry."

We made sure to keep up with him this time but all the time, I shot glares at Lola. Why would she pull a stunt like that? Did she not understand the situation we were in? If this man had money, he probably could be acquitted before going to any trial for killing us.

She avoided my glare until we finally reached the car. The windows were black. "What if he murders us?"

"He won't." She pulled out a pocket-knife and flicked it open.

I jumped. "Lola, what the fuck! How did you even bring that?"

She said nothing and we got into the car. The moment the door shut, I felt like I was about to throw up.

Sure, I had a lot of money in my bank, but I was also on the way to have my virginity taken by a stranger. Of all the late night fantasies I'd had...this hadn't ever been one of them. I suddenly wanted to be home and in my bed. I'd wake up and find out this was all a dream.

But there was no going back now.

I was on my way to meet the man I'd sold my virginity to.