Chapter Four

To all the girls saying thats way to cheap... for one night, prossys would get nowhere near that
Virginity isn't even a big deal so if a hot ass guy wanted to offer that much.... heyyyy boi hmu
Unless ye got golden vajayjays, you wouldnt even get that in reality... well from a cute guy
But
ANOTHER CHAPTER BECAUSE I LOVE YE
K bye
--

I spluttered, choking on my own saliva. Alex stared at me in shock and I gave him a thumbs up. "Sorry, sorry—excuse me one moment." I turned away, hurrying off. "Lola, what did you just say?"

"I said someone offered 400 thousand for your goddamn virginity, Cali!" She was screaming into the phone.

"This has to be a joke."

"It's not! This site has rules and regulations. People who bid have to show proof of how much money they can spend and like, IDs and shit, so no jokers are on it."

My stomach did an uncomfortable flip. "Why would someone bid that much? No doubt they could get cheaper."

"I may have put some...information. How you're shy and you've always had a fantasy of rough guys, although you're so innocent. How your virginity is sacred, and only the most amazing guy can choose you...and all this stuff that toxic rich guys love."

"But 400 thousand dollars? I don't believe it," I muttered, knowing this definitely could not be true. "Is there a photo of the guy who bid?"

"No, but I'm going to message him when you're home."

"Um, yeah, okay. I have to go, Lola." She started shouting at me, telling me to wait, but I hung up. This scenario was obviously fake. As fake as all the plants around this mall. Lola got overexcited and believed anything. This. Was. Fake.

I turned and let out a scream when I saw Alex right in front of me. "Bidding? 400 thousand dollars?" he asked. "What're you bidding?" I could see how suspicious he was.

"It's part of a game." I forced out a laugh. "Isn't it time to pickup Leroy?" He glanced at his watch and nodded.

Walking to the car I said, "You really didn't have to buy this." My eyes landed on the beautiful dress in the bag.

"It's not a big deal, Caliana," he said as we hopped in the car. "I'll drop you home after we collect Lee. Thanks for coming out today." He smiled and I returned the expression. He was so sweet... Suddenly, I felt so bad. Even if I didn't like Alex, we were friends. I shouldn't be rude and avoid his texts when he was only trying to be there for me.

We drove in silence before he began chattering about some show he wanted me to start watching. We finally pulled up to the house Leroy was at.

He rushed out the door the moment the car pulled up."Hey, Cali!" His smile was bright and I grinned back. I held out my fist for our usual fist bump, then blew it out and pulled my hand away.

"Why were you hanging out with this loser?" Leroy asked, and I couldn't help but laugh.

Alex tsked. "You should show me more respect."

"Nah." He sat back in his seat. "The day Caliana wants to go out with you is the day I'll show you respect."

The car fell silent, awkwardness filling. Leroy noticed what he just caused, so he clicked his tongue. "Cal, will you adopt me and take me away from Alex?"

"Brotherly love," I hummed.

They both rolled their eyes at the same time. We drove until Alex pulled up into the drive to Lola and I's small place. I looked toward Alex then back to Leroy, grateful. If he wasn't there, I wouldn't know how to say goodbye. Would Alex have expected a kiss?