Chapter Five

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS, LOLA?! WHY IS THIS MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT?!" I was screaming, staring at the digits. This was surreal. Lola stared at the screen in shock before the Skype jingle filled the room.

Both of our eyes snapped toward her laptop and we ran to it. With a shaky hand, she hit the answer button and there, on the other side of the screen, was a grinning Colton.

"You..." Lola breathed out.

"Your faces are priceless!" He was clearly enjoying this. "I believe we have a deal, Caliana." I stared at Lola in shock. I was—this was SERIOUSLY HAPPENING?!

"I'll have you checked when you get here to make sure you're a virgin. A medical exam, too."

"Do you really think that's fucking necessary? And where the hell are you?"

"You'll find out when I send you the flight info. You just have to print them off."

"Wait, what?!"

"I'm generous I know—paying for your tickets and letting your little friend come along. I can tell you're terrified and wouldn't come alone."

I shared a look with Lola.

"And no, this isn't sketchy. The site looks into the background of the bidders, so you're safe and sound." He gave us that innocent smile again.

"How did you do this all so fast?"

"That doesn't matter. What matters is you two will be here by tomorrow night. Hurry up and get packing, ladies."

"Wait!" I saw his hand reach out to hang up. He stopped and looked at me through the screen. "You can't just pay 400 thousand dollars for someone's virginity, especially with how you look." I was confused. I couldn't get my head around this whole situation...

"I can and did. Thanks for the compliment, princess." He winked and I flushed. He knew he was in control of this whole thing, and it was clear he enjoyed the power.

"You don't know me! You can't randomly pick a girl you don't know, buy her, pay for her travel—all just for sex."

He paused and arched an eyebrow, glancing between Lola and I. "It's sex, that's what the website is for. Please don't tell me you're going to fall in love. That's not—"

"I didn't mean it like that." I scowled. "We could be scammers. You trust too easily." It was true. How could someone hand out 400 thousand dollars so easily? That wasn't normal.

Colton spoke the next sentence with a smile. "Because when I make a deal, I make sure the other person follows through. I can guarantee that you won't be a virgin for much longer, Caliana."

Then the call ended. He said the sentence with a smile but his voice and words were far from friendly. I pushed the laptop away from me, sitting on the ground in shock.

"You better not be pranking me, Lola."

"I was about to say the same to you."

"Why are you so shocked? Weren't you the one who said you could find someone easily?"

"Yeah, but not someone extremely hot!" she snapped. "Why would he pay such a large amount for this? I know you'd set the price that high but I didn't expect..."

"He paid for your ticket, too," I mumbled.

She pushed herself up, snapping out of her shock. "I'll believe it when I see the tickets."

"What about all the money in my bank?" I asked. "That's enough proof that he's serious."

"Damn...and he said tomorrow night. This is scary."