Chapter 5

"Where did you find that?" I shrugged lightly and looked around the room. "It came in the mail... There wasn't a name, or a return address. So...I just thought you may remember who came in bought it. " I shook my wrist "And of course how to get it off."

As of right now, I was standing in the jeweler's, letting Mr Johnson look at my bracelet. He WAS on the phone... and I WAS listening in... but I tripped over a pan of beads on the floor and had to clean them up while coming up with a cover story on why I was creeping around. So far I had just went with the normal 'I lost my contact and I couldn't see' story. He bought it.

"Savannah, I'm sorry to break it to you... but I didn't create this bracelet." I looked at him carefully. He seemed to be breaking a sweat, even though it wasn't hot in here, and his eyes quickly avoided mine while I was speaking. My eyebrows burrowed and my cheeks were hot. He was lying to me. I quickly changed my facial expression from disgusted to confused. "What do you mean Mr Johnson?" I questioned. "You make all the jewelry for shadow brook. How could I have a piece of jewelry you didn't create...?" Mr Johnson shook his head and went back to banging that huge hammer of his onto a sliver of gold. I think he was making a watch or something. Not that I really cared at the moment. "Mr Johnson," I started "I'm not leaving until you tell me where this came from." The tired old man just looked at me, and then continued on with his work.

Just then a light skinned, blue eyed, brown haired boy came out of the back room. Yes, I said BROWN HAIRED. Mr Johnson looked up slightly at the sound of the door. "Co--" I'm pretty sure at that moment they both noticed that someone in the room had brown hair, and someone in the room was not family. Mr Johnson looked over at me with fear dancing in his eyes. "Savannah, please. You can't tell anyone. Not a neighbor, not a family member, not a officer."

Little does he know, I know ALL about keeping hair color on the down-low. Its a good thing I found this blond wig in my mom's old trunk or I'd have to be like this kid. Whoever he was.

I nodded "You're secrets safe with me." Mr Johnson smiled and nodded, going back to his work. I then thought of something. He wants me to keep a secret huh? Well, How about a secret for a secret.