Chapter 6

I leaned against the wall and looked at the old man from across the room. He slowly turned and looked at his son. I sighed "Its a simple trade. I keep your secret if you tell me where my bracelet came from, and how to get it off." Mr Johnson shook his head "Its not that simple." I rolled my eyes and gave him a dull look. "Yes, it is."

The boy with the brown hair walked over to me. "Look, this isn't a game. If they know about..." He motioned to his hair "THIS?! We could be in big trouble." I stood up taller and folded my arms. "You think I don't know about the problems in this town? You think I haven't pieced together the fact that everyones hair is blond? You think I haven't thought about why we aren't allowed to look outside between 3 and 6?" I narrowed my eyes and lowered my voice to almost a whisper. "I know more about this town then you will EVER find out."

It was at that moment that I noticed... I probably said something I shouldn't have. Because Mr Johnson was staring at me with the most terrifying look. It wasn't scary because he was mad, he didn't look the slightest bit mad, or even surprised. He just looked regretful. Almost like he blamed himself for making me say what I just said. I looked at them both, "What..?" As I sat there trying to figure out what to do, the boy with the brown hair reached up, and before I could even think about stopping him, he yanked my wig off.

My hands intently flew to my hair, this was it. He just ruined everything I've been trying to accomplish since I was 13 years old. I shoved him away from me. "WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU--" Just then, as if it had been watching us, the phone rang.