C H A P T E R 3

Picture is Adam.

Zinovia POV.

"Yes." I said standing up. They all stood up with me. Zeke having to crouch slightly.

I gathered all of my things and slung my back pack over my shoulder.
I started to climb down when all three of them just jumped down.

"Show offs." I snarked.

"You take to long." Zeke said before grabbing me by my waste and setting me down on the ground.

I had to basically break my neck to look at them. "Thank you." I ushered out.

"Listen, Zinovia." Dylan said, scratching the back of his neck hesitantly.

"Youneedtocomebacktotheacademywithus." He said at lightnign speed.

"Woah there, calm your tits. Can you actually speak in english please?" I muffled a laugh.

"You need to come back to the academy with us. Because you are different like us. Well, you are actually the only fire wielder currently." He explained.

I was shocked beyond belief. No. Way.

"O-oh. Well I am fine with leaving. But you have to deal with Mike. Not me." I comprimised.

"Who's Mike?" Zeke asked, slightly angry. Geeze, he needs to calm down.

"My Father." I stated in complete disgust. That man is not my father.

"Okay, why is that a bad thing?" Dylan asked.

"Oh, you'll see. Just go straight to my room when we get to my house." I ordered. They all nodded obediently.

It's 5:02. He should be home by now. I thought, pulling out my phone and checking the time.

"Let's go." I ordered.

We started walking. I complained like 2 minutes into the walk. So i made Zeke carry me on his back while i gave them directions.

We arrived 15 minutes later. I jumped off of Zeke's back thanking him.

"Okay. So see that window?" I asked pointing to the window leading to my tiny room.

They all nodded.

"Climb up my house and go in there and wait for me. Don't come out no matter what." I said laughing before walking into my house. Taking a deep breath.

"Do the fucking dishes!" Mike screamed at me as soon as he saw me come through the door.

"No." I said quietly.

"What did you just say?!" He stomped up to me.

"I said, NO!" I yelled in his face.

He looked enraged he grabbed me by my hair and through my to the wall.

He started to punch my ribs and smack my face.

I fell to the floor and spit up blood.

He laughed. "Still a week little piece of shit. Just like your mother." He growled at me.

I snapped my head up at the mention of my mom. Oh. Fuck. No.

"Don't talk about my mom." I spat standing up. I could feel my whole body heating up and my eyes tingle.

I spat blood in his face and glared at him. He punched me square in the jaw.

Next thing i knew Zeke came downstairs and was pulling me off of him. Everything was on fire. The last thing i saw was Mike's unconcious body, propped against the wall with blood covering his torso and face.

"Wake up!" I jolted awake to someone yelling at me. I whipped my head around to catch sight of where i was.

I'm in... a car? I looked around and Adam was driving with Dylan in the passenger seat and Zeke was in the back with me.

I calmed down.

"What happened?" I asked, rubbing my head and facing forward.

"Well, once we got in your tiny window we just all stood there. Bored out of our minds. Until we heard you screaming. You were yelling:

"I hate you! You aren't my Dad and you never will be!"

Over and over again. Each time getting louder and more powerful. We all sprinted downstairs and..."

Adam trailed off, seemingly unable to finish.

"Your arms were lit with fire and your eyes were bright red. You were beating the shit out of that man and burning him. I pulled you off of him.

Dylan brought that man outside so he is okay. Aside from being nearly beat to death, and his house burning down."

Zeke finished, unemotional.

My heart dropped. Mom wouldn't have wanted this.

'I'm sorry, mother. But i couldn't take it anymore..' I silently said in my head.