C H A P T E R 4

Picture is Dylan.

Zinovia POV

We have been driving for 3 hours.
I lived in Colorado. Now, we are making our way to California, where this "academy" is.

We pulled into a food stop. We piled out of the car and went up to the window. A mid 20's guy with dyed blue hair was standing there. He scanned all of our faces, stopping on mine.

He licked his lips and winked at me. I ignored it and looked at the menu sign.

I noticed Zeke had gotten closer to me and was glaring angrily at the window guy.

We all ordered. Adam got a chili dog. Dylan got a turkey burger. Zeke got a ginourmous hamburger. And i got cheese fries with buffalo wings and a strawberry smoothie.

Our food was done in 8 minutes. The window guy called our number and i jogged up to the window.

I grabbed the huge tray and started to walk back to the table. It was hard to balance, and as soon as i thought i was about to drop it a big muscular arm swiped it from my hold.

I looked back to see Zeke standing there, the tray in one hand while his other hand was in his pocket.

"Thank you." I stated. He nodded.

All of the guys scarfed down their food in the time I finished my wings.

I finished my fries while the guys were all talking about the academy.

'There's a spider.' I stated in my head. Dylan's head shot up and he stared at me in fear.

"Where?!" He screamed. Wait, did i say that out loud?

Adam looked at me. "He reads minds. Every carrier has a second power. Or, rarely they have three powers." He explained to me, meanwhile Dylan was screaming and jumping up and down.

I nodded. I put the large turantula on my hand and carried it away from the weeping Dylan. I set it in a patch of grass away from the table.

I walked back and eyed my fries on the table. "Zeke, do you want the rrst of my cheese fries?" I smiled innocently.

He shrugged his shoulders and picked up the fries. He scarfed them down in a matter of a minute. I rolled my eyes.

I sipped on my strawberry smoothie and we all got in the car.

We drove for another 5 hours. Stopping once at the bathroom and constantly listening to loud music.

It was now night time and Adam said we were about an hour away. Zeke and Dylan were asleep and left Adam and I alone.

"Adam?" I asked curiously.

"Yes?" He questioned, glancing back at me through the rear view mirror.

"Dylan can read minds for his second power. What are your's and Zeke's second powers?" I smirked.

He chuckled and kept his head straight and focused on the road.

"My second power is thoughts. I can put my thoughts in someone else's head." He smiled, creepily.

"And Zeke, he has Telekinesis." He scoffed as if it wasn't cool.

"What other powers are there?" I asked, genuinly curious. By now Zeke had woken up and was staring at me. Dylan was still passed out, his face pressed against the window and his soft snoring getting more intense.

"Well, most people have a second power that's related to their first one. Like water would have ice. Wind would have hurricane and earth would have earth quake."