Ch. 1- Stars in Our Eyes

Seventeen.

That’s how old I was when I went on that fateful family vacation to Spain, met a boy who would forever change my life, kissed him and fell in love. After finding out we only lived a few cities away, (me being from Tampa, Florida and him being from Miami), we exchanged contact information, got home from our vacations, started talking and eventually started dating. He told me he loved me, I said it back, yadda yadda yadda.

5 short months later, he broke up with me, leaving me absolutely crushed. I’m not even gonna mention this guy’s name cuz he’s completely irrelevant now. BUT this heartbreak is what started it all.

Two days after he broke up with me, I wrote my first song. I took all the gut-wrenching pain I felt and wrote it into lyrics. A week or so later, I did it again. I wrote another song. From then, I started playing at open mic nights, covering songs and occasionally writing more.

Eventually, I got my best friend Alainey to write and sing with me. She’s really good. Together, we started playing, writing, and covering songs. I play guitar, she plays piano, we both sing, it’s all just fun.

One day, we decided to put up a cover on YouTube of us singing S.O.S. by the Jonas Brothers. We got, like, 12 views. Then a few weeks later, we added another video. 57 views. A few months later, another video went up and got us 300 views. This went on for a few months until one day, a video of us covering More Than This got us a few thousand views. Which is pretty cool, but not enough to get us famous. Unless, of course, these few cool fans that we had spammed the 1 direction boys with a link to our video. And that’s exactly what happened. Liam saw it and tweeted the link out, putting us at 3 million views. It was insane. People would watch it and then click on our other songs and found some of our originals and started following us and commenting on everything and it was unbelievable. Really cool stuff. Unfortunately though, that was all the contact we had with the 1D boys. For now.

On YouTube, there was this girl named Katlyn Rayne who posted covers of her own, along with makeup tutorials and some funny videos. She was pretty known in the YouTube world. Apparently, she saw us on YouTube, loved us, and managed to somehow get ahold of my contact information, and called me one day to invite us to some party where there were gonna be a bunch of youtubers and almost celebrities. As much as I wanted to go, Alainey and I already had plans that night for her 2nd cousins wedding.

But that day, that fatefully day of the party, Alainey had gotten sick, and told me she couldn’t go to the wedding, so there was no need for me to go.  So of course, I called Katlyn back and asked if I could still go to the party. She said yes, and that’s when the real story starts.

~

I spent almost 2 hours curling and recurling strands of my long brown and unfortunately usually stick straight hair. Today was a special day. I wanted to look perfect for this party. I didn’t know who was gonna be there but what if I met the love of my life at this party? Hey, it could happen.

I made sure my makeup was exactly the way I wanted it to, not too dark not too light. Not exactly the “natural look” but… pretty enough to be noticed without being a clown.

I had on my favorite dress, it was white lace with a brown satin ribbon around it. I decided to go for my naturally country look and added my cowboy boots to it.

I put on just a little more light pink lipstick and I was ready. Just in time. I felt my phone vibrate, it was Katlyn. She was my ride, and she was here.

When I got to the party, there weren’t many people I recognized. I didn’t spend too much time on YouTube, so I wasn’t surprised I didn’t recognize anyone. Katlyn walked around with me for a little while as we chatted about how huge this house was.