Ch. 10- Something In Your Eyes

We’re gonna go back to Harry and Alainey for a second. Now, yes, I am here to tell my story. But a big part of this story is Alainey’s story, because it tangles with mine so much. So, yes, it’s still me, Cayley talking. But I’m explaining the rest of Harry and Alainey’s night. Then, we’ll get back to mine. I promise.

Ashton grabbed his phone off the table and followed me out of the restaurant for us to go on our own adventure.

Harry, who sat across from Alainey the whole night, became suddenly shy. He didn’t know why he felt so nervous, he just did. There was something about the way she looked in her blue dress, with her hair perfectly imperfect. It wasn’t her makeup, which was done to perfection. It wasn’t her red lips and smoky eyes. It was her natural beauty that shined through her skin. Her freckles sprinkled across her face, her adorably soft smile, how blue her eyes were. It was that which made Harry’s heart speed up a bit when she laughed.

“Dessert?” Harry asked after a moment of silence.

“Well if you’re payin’!” Alainey laughed, obviously joking. Harry laughed back and handed the desert menu to Alainey.

“So,” she said as she skimmed through the endless list of possibilities. “Since we are on a ‘date’ and all,” she made sure to put air quotes around the word date. “Tell me about yourself! I wanna know all about The Harry Styles.”

“I’m an open book!” He chuckled. “What you see is what you get. You should already know me by now!”

“No, really! Tell me something interesting. In case anyone asks about you! I gotta have an answer. Tell me… tell me the random stuff that no one knows.”

“Erm… well… I’m an Aquarius?”

“No Harry, the fans already know that!” She giggled. “Dig deeper.”

“Alright, well… I have two favorite colors, orange and blue. I can’t really decide. What about you? What’s yours?”

Alainey sighed, hoping for deeper secretes, but was happy she was getting some sort of information out of him. His answer, followed by a question, gave her an idea to access Harry’s brain.

“Purple. Definitely purple. Hey, wanna play the question game?” She asked him.

“Sure! What is that, though?” He answered a little unsurely.

“It’s a really easy game. I ask you a question, you answer, and then you ask me a question. If you say ‘you?’ after your answer, it doesn’t count as a new question. So yes, you can ask me the same question I just asked, but it won’t count as your turn. On your turn, you have to come up with a new question. Am I making any sense?”

“Erm… kind of. I guess we’ll see.” Harry chuckled.

“OK, I’ll go first, and start off easy. Hmmm…. Favorite sent?”

“Mint!” He answered. So that explains why he smells faintly of mint… Interesting. “You?” He asked back, looking her in the eyes as he waited for her response.

“Vanilla! Ok, now it’s your turn to ask me a question.”

“Oh, I get it now. Ok, ok, um…. Best vacation you’ve ever been on?”

“Ooooh… Hawaii when I was 12. That was a fun trip. My turn…. Favorite book?”

“Fledgling Jason Steed by Mark A. Cooper. Made me cry at the sad part. Not that I’d ever admit that to anyone… which I accidentally just did. Whoops.” He let out an embarrassed giggle as he looked down. Alainey threw her head back laughing at Harry’s confession. Not because of the fact that he cried at a book, no. That was actually kind of cute. The fact that he was so embarrassed by it and totally just accidentally admitted it. “Repeat that and I kill you!” He brought his fork up to head level, laughing some more while still blushing a bit.