Ch.5- Seeing Life In Different Colors

AN: So I feel like no one is actually reading this story... which is kinda sad :( so if you are, please please please leave a comment or vote or something so I know at least one person is reading it cuz I lose motivation to write if I don't think anyone will read it but knowing even one person is reading makes me feel so much better so if you like it and wanna read the next chapter please lemme know, but I do have some cool ideas so. Hopefully someone is reading this and if you are then I absolutely love you forever and hope you have a marvelous day. And week. And month and year and life ok <3 story time.

-

The next few days consisted of us stuffing everything we own into bags as we tried to get ready for the tour. The first show was in Seattle, so we all got flown up there from L.A.

The tour team took our bags for us from the airport straight to the bus, and Alainey and I were driven straight to the venue.

Pulling up to the venue was a crazy sight. All around the stadium, there were girls just waiting to get in. Waiting to see One Direction. A bunch of them had posters and handmade t-shirts. *Marry me Narry* *I WANT 1D* *You’re fabulouis!!1!* Carrot.

There were a few signs for 5 Seconds of Summer too. None for us, but I completely understood. No one knew us yet. Hopefully, after tonight, that would change.

We pulled around back and went through the back entrance. We got dressed in our stage clothes, then went and did our sound check. After that, Lou did our hair and makeup. Everything was set for our first show.

My mind wasn’t though. We were gonna be the first people to perform on the Take Me Home U.S. Tour. HOW CRAZY was that. I couldn’t contain my nerves. Seeing as Alainey went to talk to Luke and Calum, I decided to take a walk around the backstage area to get my mind off of everything.

I walked down a hallway for a minute before reaching a door with no sign on it and let my curiosity take the best of me. I opened the door, stepped inside, and immediately regretted it.  The random door I happened to pick was the one room where Ashton decided to get changed.

“Woah, hello there” Ashton laughed. I quickly turned around, blushing like crazy.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry! I didn’t know you’d be changing and there was no sign on the door and it wasn’t locked and im sorry im gonna leave now.” I took a step towards the door before I heard Ashton protest.

“Wait, it’s ok, I’m clothed. You can stay.”

“Why didn’t you get changed in, oh, I don’t know… your dressing room?” I asked as I turned around to see him pulling a shirt over his bare, muscular chest. Holy cow… how long have those abs been there?

He flashed a cocky smirk-half smile thing at me. “Michael and Calum were having a foam sword fight and I figured I’d be more alone here. Guess I was wrong!”

“Again, I’m sorry. I’ll leave you to your ch-“

“Cayley, I’m kidding,” he interrupted. “Wait... why are YOU here? Aren’t you going on soon? Show starts in less than a half hour…”

“Oh, me. I just… needed to clear my head.”

“Pregame jitters?”

"Yep.” I guess he gets it. He walked over to me, grabbed my hand, and pulled me towards the couch that was against the wall of the little room we were in.

“Cayley,” he looked me in the eyes as he spoke, sending a chill down my spine, “you have nothing to worry about. You and Alainey are amazing. The girls are gonna love you. Your songs are totally relatable. Especially the one about being in love with a celebrity who doesn’t know who you are… I guarantee you, every single girl in that audience can relate to that. You girls are so fun to watch performing, your energy and excitement light up the room! You’ll be fine. I promise.”