Ch. 13- Words Ain't Good Enough

“Alright, Irwin, whadya want?” I let a smirk play on my lips.

“Oh, we were just bored on the bus and wanted to know if… you wanted to come hang with us? We have lots of room on our bus, and not trying to brag but… we have juice boxes and board games.”

“Juice boxes and board games?!” I brought my hand up to cover my mouth, acting as fake surprised as I could. “You guys are officially the coolest people on this tour. Sold. Done. I’m in.”

We both chuckled.

I let the people on my bus know that I was switching buses, and even invited Alainey, but she said she was just gonna stay on our bus to nap. In case you were wondering, yes, we were like 6 year olds on this tour. We love board games, juice boxes, and naps. Judge all you want.

The next hour of the drive consisted of all 4 boys and me playing Go Fish, until one by one the boys went to their bunks to nap or whatever. It was down to just me, Ashton, and Michael when we decided to give up on Go Fish.

“You two should like… bake me some cookies or something.” Michael said. “I’m getting kinda hungry.”

“Well well well. Now it’s my turn to brag. I may kind of make the best cookies you’ll ever eat in your entire life. So. Challenge accepted.”

“Wait, seriously? I was just kidding but by all means bake me cookies, please!” Michael smiled.

“I may need some assistance though.” I said.

“Don’t look at me, I’m going to nap while my lunch bakes.” Michael said as he left the room.

I tilted my head towards Ashton’s direction and raised one eyebrow.

“I think I’m just gonna sit here and watch” he said with a smirk on his face as he plopped himself down onto the bench seat at the kitchen table.

“You don’t have to do much, just… get me things off tall shelves and help me stir stuff.”

“Baking’s not my thing.”

“Pleeeease Ash? I need an assistant!” I looked at him with pleading eyes, but his facial expression stayed the same. “Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?” I gave him the best puppy dog face I could, which turned into a staring war between us two, only I was trying to look as helpless as I could while he was trying to look completely unfazed by my pleas. Fortunately for me, my pleas worked.

“Finnnne. I’ll help.”

“Yay!” I squealed a little too excitedly.

The chef in me instantly took over, and I started telling him everything I’d need to make my delicious brown sugar cookies.  Thankfully, we had all the ingredients needed.

I started on mixing the liquid parts (vanilla, eggs, etc) while I put Ash in charge of the dry ingredients. But he’s a male, so I should have known that was too complicated of a task for him.

30 seconds in, I heard the sound of something spilling on the floor. As soon as I turned to face the noise, I noticed it was the flour. Ashton had spilled about 4 cups of flour on the floor.

“Oops…” He said with a giggle.

“Ashtonnnnnnn! What’d you do?!”

“It fell.” He laughed a little harder.

“Clean it up!” I laughed with him.

He bent down and scooped a big handful of the flour into his hands.

“What do I do with it?”

“Throw it away.” I said as I turned my attention back to my ingredients. I started stirring for a second until I felt something kind of cold hit my back and then fall down my shirt. Instantly, my shoulders tensed as I realized what just happened.