Chapter 8: Training

>>video<< His face was hilarious!

Akira's POV

     So apparently, Kakashi thinks we should train with the time we have in our hands. I really don't get how though. I mean, what are we gonna learn in a week? I groaned as Kakashi said that we're going to review chakra. I know all that fresh in my mind so I blocked them out and instead, thought about what I need to work on.

     Okay, so I need to build up more chakra in me. It's like building up more stamina, except.. different. The more I work on it, the more It'd build up. So I need to do some training on that. I need to learn how to fight without using my eyes. I also need a strategy to not use all my chakra at one time. I can't be out of chakra like that and then be unable to fight. That will be the downfall of my team.

     Hmm.. maybe I could-"AKIRA!!!" Sakura's ear-piercing scream interrupted my thoughts. "OW! What the heck was that for?!" I harshly glared at Sakura as I held the ear she screamed into. "I was just telling you to show them how to climb the tree without hands," Kakashi said. "Yeah, like, is that even possible?" Sakura asked dumbly. "Oh, sure, Kakashi-sensei. Easy peasy!" I walked towards the tree with my hands shoved in my pockets.

     When I came really close to the tree, I heard Naru whispering to Sakura, "She's gonna hit the tree *snicker* *snicker*." I just sighed and rolled my eyes, then put one foot on the tree, followed by the other foot, and started walking up the tree, effortlessly. I went up really high, then walked under a side branch, and just hung upside down there.

     "It's easy, just focus the chakra on the soles of your feet. Not too much, not too less. Then use it to connect to the tree," I said sounding as bored as Kakashi always is. "If you master this, you'll be able to master any jutsu," Kakashi encouraged with a nod. "Yup," I agreed as I purposely removed the chakra from my feet, causing me to fall.

     "AKIRA!" I heard Sakura and Naru call my name. And just as Sasuke was gonna come and save me like a knight in shining armor, I back flipped and landed crouched down on both feet. I saw Sasuke ruffle his hair in a sigh and mumble, "You're going to give us a heart attack." I blushed slightly at that, but quickly regained my composure and sat by Kakashi, as the three of them tried to climb a tree.

     Aww, Sasu actually cares for me. I tilted my head and smiled at the thought. "That was awfully unusual for Sasuke," Kakashi just had to murmur. My face heated up so I turned away from him as he chuckled. Evil sensei.

     My eyes moved from each of my teammates, assessing their progress. Sasuke - too much chakra. Naru - too less. Sakura - almost perfect. "Hey, this is fun!" Sakura grinned widely. "Well, looks like the female members of this squad are the most talented. Well done Sakura," Kakashi said as Sakura put her tongue out in a silly face.

     "We talked about someone being hokage, didn't we? Well, looks like Sakura and Akira's got the best chance of that. And as for the great Uchiha clan, maybe they're not so great after all," Kakashi taunted, and that ticked them off alright. "Shut up, sensei! You talk too much!" Sakura pointed out. And that ticked me off. I hate people being disrespectful to people who deserve respect. I glared at Sakura and in a flash, brought her in front of Kakashi.

     "Sakura, that was disrespectful. You don't tell your sensei to 'shut up'. Apologize," I demanded, copying Sasuke's monotone voice. "Jeez, okay okay. Sorry, sensei," she apologized with a grunt. "Yeah," Kakashi rubbed his neck awkwardly. When Sakura went far enough and started training again, Kakashi commented slyly, "Careful Akira, your princess personality is kicking in." I just sighed and shook my head with a small smile painted on my face.