Chapter 10: Losing Control

>>Vid: Naruto Shippuden - Blue Bird (My fav opening!)<<

Third person's POV

     She had to think of a plan, and fast. Akira glanced at Sasuke. He wasn't in very good shape, but he'd be alright for now. He could still fight. She glanced at Naruto next, who was currently pouting due to her hitting the top of his head. He was perfectly fine though, so that was a good thing. She knew he had a great amount of chakra, and they would need that to beat this guy...if only Naruto wasn't so stupid. Sasuke's amount of chakra wasn't all that bad, and neither was her's. She studied the mirrors as she focused on her surrounding more than ever. They had to be ready for anything.

     "That's it! I'm gonna destroy these mirrors right now!" Sasuke shouted angrily. "Don't be in a rush!" Akira warned. But despite her warning, he did a fireball jutsu. "Ugh!" Akira held her head in frustration. No. I can't let anger and frustration get the better of me! she thought as she tried to calm herself. Sasuke failed in his attempt to melt the ice mirrors with the fireball jutsu. It was obvious now that this wasn't normal ice. It was too strong.

     "You'll need much more heat than that to melt this ice," Haku said from inside the mirrors. He then threw senbon (needles) at them. Akira gasped unprepared for it due to the distraction from Sasuke's fireball jutsu. All three of them got scratched by many needles. "Where is he? Where is the needle attack coming at us from? Are they clones?" Naruto asked as he got up "We gotta find the real one. Which one is it?" "I think that was pretty obvious Naruto. But we can't. So we have to figure out another way," Akira stated in a quiet voice as she stood up as well. "Look into every mirror as hard as you'd like. You will never find the secret," Haku explained.

     "Oh yeah? Shadow Clone Jutsu!" Naruto shouted. "No!" Akira and Sasuke said at the same time. "If you have a hundred mirrors, then I'll make a hundred of me to destroy each one of them!" he shouted. Stupid Naru! Akira thought as she looked painfully at Naruto who had all his clones hit by needles, including himself. "Naruto!" she exclaimed as she rushed to his side. He slowly got up, as Haku said something that didn't reach her ears. She was too worried about Naruto. "Easy there, Naruto," she said as she put a hand on Naruto's forehead and started medical ninjutsu. She caught a few words from Haku. It made sense now. This is his kekkei genkai. Ugh. That makes it a lot more troublesome.

     "I couldn't break through. So what? That's not gonna stop me. I'm not giving up, and I'm not going to lose. 'Cause I have a dream, and no one's taking it away from me. Someday I'll be respected in the village. That's my dream, to be the greatest hokage," Naruto boldly said with a determined look. Akira smiled warmly at Naruto as she took her hand away from his forehead. She had always respected the boy, from the very first time she saw him on that swing. She somewhat knew how he felt. To not be accepted somewhere. But it wasn't like she was in her home country when she wasn't accepted. And it had only been for a couple years, so Akira respected how Naruto would never lash out on the villagers despite being treated this way his entire life.

     And instead of turning his back against them, he strove to be hokage so that one day he'd be respected by the very people who hated him. Maybe she wanted to aspire to be like him. But she no longer had a home to return to. Unless, she were to have her new home in Konoha. Oddly enough, even though she had been staying there for a while, she couldn't think of it as home yet. But that would be nice -- to have a place to finally return to. For the first time in forever, she might have made the right decision.

     "It was not my desire to be a shinobi. It's painful," Haku said in painful tone. "I don't want to kill you, but if you advance, I will have no choice. Then I will kill the kindness in my own heart, and fully embrace the shinobi way. And there will be no mercy. No turning back. This bridge will be the battlefield where our dreams collide. Now I must fight for my dream. Just as you fight for yours. Please do not blame me. I fight for someone who is precious to me. I live for him, and I face death for him, so that his dream may become a reality. That is my dream. And for the sake of that dream, if I must, I will act like a shinobi, and take your lives."