Chapter 14: The Forest of Death

>>Vid: Naruto Shippuden OP 9<<

>>Team from Suna<<

Akira's thoughts: Italic

Sukai's dialogue: Bold and Italic

My thoughts: (Bold with brackets)

Akira's POV

     Something, rather someone, suddenly crashed through the window. Two kunais lodged on the ceiling, holding up a banner. "Heads up kids! This is no time to be celebrating! I'll be your next proctor. Anko Mitarashi," the lady said. I propped my chin in the palm of my right hand and sighed. "This is troublesome..." I mumbled.

     "You can say that again," Shikamaru agreed. I noticed the tense atmosphere and wondered what the proctor said. I decided to listen for her next words. "Heh. This is gonna be fun. Alright, you maggots have had it easy so far, but things are gonna be different starting first thing in the morning. I'll let your team leaders know where to meet me. Dismissed."

~~~

     I yawned when I came to the 'scary' forest. It was surrounded by a gate that kept everyone out. It had all kinds of signs on it saying, "Keep Out" and stuff. So you definitely know you don't wanna go in there.

     "Akira, you're late," Sakura informed. "No shit Sherlock," I stated sarcastically. She rolled her eyes, remembering the last time I said that when we first met up before the written exams. I sighed and walked over to Naru who was doing the same thing as Sakura. "Hey, Aki-chan!" he greeted with his usual cheery self when he noticed me. I gave a faint smile at that and casually responded back.

     I saw Sasuke a little ways away from us, so walked over to him, not wanting to bother the busy Naruto and Sakura. "What's happening?" I asked him as I sat on the verdant grass. "We're having a 10 minute break to be interviewed," Sasuke answered.

     He sat beside me and I tilted my head in question. He pointed to Naruto and Sakura. I made an 'O' shape with my mouth showing that I understood, before laying down on the grass comfortably closing my eyes and crossing my arms under my head.

     I saw Sasuke doing the same, and he surprisingly lay close beside me. I felt his gaze on me, so I turned my head to the side to look at him. "What is it?" I asked.

     "Where are you from?" he asked.

     "Far away."

     "Be specific."

     "I'm from outside the leaf village."

     "Do you not trust me?"

     I furrowed my eyebrows at the vulnerable tone he used. I didn't know how to answer that. He sighed in dissatisfaction and disappointment. "..It's not like I don't trust you, it's just that..." I tried to reason out.