Chapter 4: Birthday Dinner

Today is my birthday and I'm supposed to be going out on some special dinner tonight with Harold and he said it's going to be a night to remember. I'm excited because he gave me a box yesterday and said don't open it until four PM and it is currently ten AM so damn my life,
I want to see what it is. For a distraction I went over to Crystal's dorm room.

"Hey, Crystal." I said looking at her excitedly. "Hey, Em, I see you're excited for tonight and hey your eye is looking way better." Crystal said happily. "I know I'm glad for that, fuck Kim, she's a bitch." I said and chuckled softly. "But honestly, thank you for sticking up for me Crystal." Emily said. "How many times are you going to thank me?" Crystal said and laughed. "I don't know but still thank you and I promise that was the last one." I said. I went on and on about how happy and excited I was to only realize that it's two PM. "I have to go get ready so I'll see you in a little bit bye Crystal." I said waving good bye.
~Time Skip~
I get to my dorm and I open up the box and I see a beautiful gown that is purple with two stripes of gems going from one shoulder down to the bottom of the dress going across me, the gems were black and gold and the dress was a beautiful violet purple. On top of the dress there was a note saying I'm glad you waited until four PM, I hope it was worth it. I smiled and got ready and put on red lipstick and purple eyeshadow with a sharp winged eyeliner. Harold knocked on my room door and I walked out. "Wow, Emily, y-your beautiful." Harold said and I blushed. "Come on let's go I'm excited!" I said eagerly.
~Time Skip~
We got to where we were eating dinner and the night felt magical, as if it came straight out of a movie. "This food is amazing, the place is amazing, and you're amazing." I said smiling. The waiter came over with cupcakes and birthday toothpicks were on top. "Wow, I feel like a kid again this is actually awesome." I bit into the cupcake and pulled out the toothpick and my eyes grew wide and I saw a ring with five diamonds that were stunningly beautiful and Harold got down on one knee in front of me and I started tearing up. "Emily Garcia, will you marry me?" Harold said. I got up and hugged him. "Yes, of course I will." I said crying. He put the ring on my finger and we walked outside and it was raining so we sat there in the rain hugging. "I can't believe this." I said in astonishment. "I would do anything for you, I want the rest of my life to be with you." Harold said looking into my eyes and he leaned in and went in for a kiss but instead I kissed his cheek to get red lipstick all over him. "Did you have to do that?" Harold said laughing. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he leaned in for a kiss and I bit his lip purposely and I could taste the watermelon Chapstick like usual. I felt safe with him like nothing could happen. I was able to burrow my face into his chest and just sit there. I heard Crystal in the distance telling us that the rain is getting worse and that we should leave so Crystal came and picked us up. When we were walking across the road it was slippery but I could manage. I noticed that I left my wallet in the restaurant so Crystal ran back to grab it. Harold and I sat in the car waiting for her and it's been twenty minutes. We were getting worried. We have been watching the entrance and no one went in and no one went out. We heard something come on the radio and it was an alert saying that there is currently a shooting in a nearby restaurant but we didn't hear gun shots. We saw someone run out and they said a teenage girl has been shot. "S-stay here okay?" Harold said and then ran in. Harold found Crystal holding a little girl up because she was shot in the chest and Crystal is trying to keep her alive until the paramedics arrive. The paramedics arrived in five minutes and crystal and Harold walked out and got in the car. I asked Harold if he would sit in the back with me so he did. "Is everything okay?" Emily asked. "Yeah, it's fine now." Harold said as Crystal started the car then Emily quickly grasped Harold's hand.