Chapter 11: The Positive Test

Crystal POV
   the doctor came up to me and said LILO was fine which made me glad but the thing I was worried about was the fact that Emily woke up today with bloodshot eyes. When I saw her they were dilated and her veins were completely red and she had very dark circles around her eyes which means she hasn't slept in days. LILO was in a coma for about two weeks and Harold told her last week and I don't think she has slept. I'm going over to tell her today so hopefully she will finally sleep. Honestly I don't think she's getting any better. Her wounds look infected but she hasn't said anything to Harold. She is so worried to the point where her and I went to a funeral home and picked out a casket. Her mom is even worried about her but Emily said this is for the best and she knows that I would be there for Harold. I get worried at times and cry but I understand where she is coming from.

   HAROLDS POV

    "Emily, how are you feeling today?" I said quietly looking st her with concern. Emily just shook her head with a nod basically saying that she's fine but I can't tell she's not. I know she's dying, she knows she's dying, her family knows she's dying. The doctor walked in and I asked him if I could speak with him outside so I did. "Doctor, just please give it to me straight, we all know she isn't gonna make it, how long does she have?" I said with tears in my eyes. "Look, Harold, I can't give an exact time but I believe she's got 48 hours in her, I'd be surprised if she even makes it through the night, she hasn't eaten, she hasn't been getting up, we can't do anything for her." The doctor said with his arms crossed and he looked right at me. I had a slight tear going down my eye but I knew there had to be something, just something. "hey uhm Harold, has she told you?" The doctor said while clearing his throat. "Uhm told me what exactly doctor?" I said with a stern look. "The main reason on why she's like this is because she's pregnant, she doesn't know what her new diet is yet because she doesn't know what the baby likes, you guys have had sex right? Or did she cheat on you?" The doctor said while looking into the room. "Uh yes actually about 3 months ago, so you're saying she's been pregnant and didn't know about it or does she not even know yet?" I said while I looked at her. "Well when she did her urine test, it came back positive for pregnancy and we told her and I didn't know she hadn't told you yet so if you want you can talk to her because I'll tell you one thing that I shouldn't be telling you, she can survive if you can figure out what she can eat so she can finally eat because she hasn't eaten in days." The doctor said looking at me.