Chapter 2

"So you're Dylan's best friend," Thomas spoke, breaking the awkward silence that had settled between us. I let out a sigh of relief, grateful for the interruption.

"Yeah, so I'm guessing you're the friend that Dylan wanted me to meet," I replied, my curiosity piqued.

"Yup, but it's not just me," Thomas said, reaching for his phone. I couldn't help but notice his attractive appearance, his handsome features capturing my attention.

"So, where are they?" I asked, my eyes still lingering on Thomas.

"Somewhere at be-" he began, but before he could finish, a familiar voice cut through the air.

"Hey, guys! Wait for me!" Dylan's voice rang out, signaling his arrival. I turned to face him, examining his disheveled appearance. It seemed he had quite the adventure getting here, with his messy hair and torn clothes.

"What happened to you?" I inquired, taking a few steps closer to him.

"While I was laughing over there, the two of you planned on leaving me behind just because I couldn't stop laughing. And then this girl shouted, 'Oh my God, Dylan O'Brien is here,' and well..." Dylan trailed off, a hint of disappointment in his voice. I immediately felt a pang of guilt for leaving my own best friend behind.

"I'm so sorry, Dyl. I didn't mean to-" I started, but he cut me off, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Nope, I won't forgive you that easily," he stubbornly declared, teasing me.

"Urgh, what?" I whined, playfully frustrated with his response.

"What? What?" Dylan feigned innocence, causing me to roll my eyes. I knew him too well—there was always a condition before he would forgive me.

"Cut it off, Dylan. What do you want?" I demanded, unable to contain my laughter.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation, but they're already waiting for us," Thomas interjected, flashing us a warm smile. Oh, that smile. It had a way of making my heart flutter, but I quickly shook off those thoughts. After all, I had just met him.

"Oh yeah, I forgot," I chuckled, trying to brush off the strange thoughts swirling in my mind. Together, we made our way towards the destination, walking for what seemed like fifteen minutes. Eventually, we arrived in front of a charming house, exuding a cozy and inviting aura.

"Whose house is this?" I asked, turning to face the two boys standing behind me. Thomas was the first to respond, a smile lingering on his lips.

"It's my girlfriend's house," he revealed, causing my heart to skip a beat.