It Begins Again

Woo hoo! Fast update, go me! Hope you all enjoy it, and have been enjoying the rest of the story as well. Gonna try and update a bit faster than I have been, but with work and all it might not happen.

Comment, vote, love? Plz <3

---------------------------------

It wasn’t until the next morning that I made my way out of my room. For the rest of what remained of the day and all last night I had locked myself away from everyone. I was aware that if they really wanted to they could probably get in, one way or another, but using what my mother had taught me and sealing myself inside had proven to keep them from doing just that.

Xavier hadn’t tried to talk to me, but Dakkone had, and when I never said anything and he found the door locked he went away. I felt a bit bad about it, but at the same time I knew seeing him was only going to make myself more confused right now. And I really, really didn’t need any more confusion in my life.

It was almost noon as I walked down the hall, my stomach growling as it demanded food. I ignored it at the moment, my feet moving on their own. All night I hadn’t gotten much sleep, and what I had hadn’t been very restful. Which only meant I wasn’t going to be in a very good mood, if I managed to stay awake.

“Hey, you alright?” came a familiar voice form behind me, one I hadn’t heard yet since my return.

“Yea, I’m fine. Just tired,” I replied, not bothering to stop and actually turn and face Lance, not until I made my way out to the bar and sat down on one of the stools, crossing my arms on the counter and laying my head on them.

“Rough night I take it?” he asked, sitting down beside me.

I nodded as best I could. Rough didn’t begin to describe it. It was horrible, with all the thoughts going through my head I would have rather been back in Hell with Jake. Maybe. But that just showed how much I hated it.

He was silent, and because of that I knew something was up. Opening my eyes, which had managed to fall shut without me even noticing, I found a pair of more than familiar grey eyes staring at me from across the room. Dakkone, and he didn’t look very happy.

Without a word Lance stood up and made his way over past Dakkone and down the hallway. That made me wonder just what was going on. Apparently Dakkone had said something to Lance at some point, and now it was just the two of us. At that moment I wanted someone, anyone, to walk in and break then tension.

He was silent as he walked over and sat down beside me, his eyes never once leaving mine. There was something written in them, but he was either good at hiding it or I was too tired to figure it out. I figured it was a mixture of both.

Seconds ticked by that hung in silence, until he finally spoke. “Zyten’s missing.”

That was the absolute last thing I expected him to say. Every scenario that had managed to play in my tired mind had been something about Xavier, or about how I truly felt towards Dakkone. But what he had said struck something and all my senses went on alert. “Missing? You sure he’d not just out somewhere doing whatever it is he does?” I replied, my eyes staring at his face, which he had turned away from me,

“I’m sure. I can’t find him anywhere. Ever since he was born I’ve always been able to feel him and know where he was. But now, nothing. It’s like he doesn’t exist,” he replied, pausing for a moment before letting out a small sigh and running a hand through his hair. “This has Jake written all over it. That bastard better hope no one’s laid a hand on Zyten, else he’s in for some very painful payback.”

“Don’t worry, we’ll find him.”

“How?” he snapped, turning his eyes on me. “If I can’t sense him, how can anyone else possibly know where he’s at?”

The way he reacted told me just how serious things were, and the look in his eyes told me more. He knew something about me and Xavier, and it was hurting him. This time I was the one to look away, but only for a moment before my eyes returned to his. “I’m sorry, Dakkone. I really have no idea about anything right now. All I do know is that Jake has to be stopped, and from what everyone says I’m the only one who can do that. Everything with you and Xavier, I’m so confused about I don’t know up from down anymore.”

“The last thing you need to be worrying about it us, Riley. Jake is much more important, and the longer we wait the worse things will be. Kyrad is dead, but he’ll only be replaced. And having one of his ‘Kings’ killed won’t go over well with Jake. Be careful. And whatever you do, don’t get yourself killed,” he replied, then leaned over and gave me a small kiss on the lips before standing and leaving.

Now I was wide awake, though I knew it wouldn’t last for long. The problem with Jake needed to be taken care of first, then I could focus on other things. He had already threatened Xavier’s life, and now he was possibly to blame for Zyten’s disappearance. I just really hoped Zyten was still alive, and not in too much trouble.

Standing up I headed back to my room and changed into some fresh clothes, ones someone had bought for me. It was nothing fancy, just a pair of dark blue jeans and a dark blue v-neck t-shirt. Running my hand through my hair I pulled it up once more, determination showing my eyes. Already Jake had been allowed to do too much, and it needed to come to an end. Now.

I had just finished slipping on my shoes when there was a knock on the door and a moment later Xavier walked in. He eyed me for a moment, taking in my appearance before shutting it behind him. “I’m going with you.”

I shook my head as I got to my feet. “No, you’re not. Right now you don’t stand a chance against anyone, much less those near Jake. Sorry, Xavier, but this is something I have to do on my own. I’ve already put enough of you in danger, I’m not doing it anymore.”

He seemed to think about arguing for a moment, then decided against it. “You don’t have to do this alone, Riley. We’re all here for you.”

“I know, but getting rid of Jake is my responsibility. All I ask is that you, and everyone else, stand behind me. Without you, he’ll win.”

Xavier nodded, a small smile on his face. We both knew things were about to get very serious, and there was a chance we wouldn’t see the other again. I didn’t want to think about that, but if it came down to it I wouldn’t think twice about giving up my own life to take Jake’s. He couldn’t be allowed to walk the planet any longer, not when he was such a threat.

I had only taken a few steps past Xavier when I heard him speak again. “Be careful, Riley. I’ll be waiting for you. Don’t make me wait too long.”

It caused me to pause for just a second, a smile on my face. And then I was gone. Where exactly Jake was, I had no idea. But I had a good idea as to who would know, and how to find them.