[1] HOW DO I PLAN OUT MY BOOKS?

When I get an idea, I tend to, first, create a book for it. Even if I don't have a title, faceclaim, or introduction, I get the idea down in that book.

For planning, it usually takes me a couple days to fully map it out. I used to do it during school, but since summer is out, I normally go to my friends and tell them about it. My friends listen and help me with the idea.

Planning is a really important part of writing your book. You can't just throw together a book and wing it. Planning helps you figure out where you want that character to go, how they fall in love, if they are funny or shy...whatever you want.

You want to make sure you have every aspect planned out. You need to create a backstory for your character. Is your character damaged? Why? Is your character witty? Maybe there's a reason for that.

You also need to figure out how/why your character is in the setting (let's use Mystic Falls). Is Mystic Falls your character's hometown? If it's not, then why did they move? This allows opportunities for you to create a diverse, round character.

If you plan to have your character supernatural, plan out how/why. If they're a witch, is it a family gene? If they're a vampire, how'd they die? Plan all of that out.

I usually tend to think up a plot first. I use the "Notes" app on my phone to write out everything. I have a small list that I fill out.

FULL NAME:
FACECLAIM:
VAMPIRE/WITCH/WEREWOLF/HUMAN/OTHER:
FRIENDS:
ENEMIES:
BACKSTORY:
PLOT TWIST:
EXTRA DETAILS:

You also need to figure out how the OC meets your love interest, grows to like them, and finally, falls in love

Do you want them to face obstacles? What kinds? Is your OC already in a relationship? Will your OC end up falling in love with a different love interest? How do they meet?

Planning makes your story easier to write. When you have it all planned out, it gives you time to write whenever without the stress of what happens in the next chapter.

I hope this helped. Feel free to leave comments/questions!

-holly