Chapter 2

Babe, can we hang out today.

I smile as I see my phone light up with a text from Justin. I'd love to see him.

I'd love to, I'll have to ask my mom first though.

Okay. <3

My heart begins to speed up. Asking my mom to hang out with Justin is my biggest torment. I love him but she ask so many questions.

I go over situations in my head. Nothing too outrageous this time. I decide to suck it up and ask. Its been a while since we've hung out. It'll be fine.

I carefully walk into the living room and see mom sitting there watching TV.

"Hey mom." I say as normal as possible.

"What do you want?" She replied already agitated.

"Can I hang out with my friend today? Pretty please." I ask.

"No. You have stuff to do." She says. Stuff? I have nothing to do.

I storm into my room quickly. She didn't even ask who. Ugh. I hate her. Tears start to stream down my face. It's not fair. I have nothing to do and its not much to ask for.

She said no...

Oh... Have a good day.

He knows I'm not in a texting mood so he leaves me be. I hug one of my pillows tightly and just think about everything my mother has done to make me feel bad.

I slowly walk into my bathroom and grab my favorite knife from the drawer. I start to shake and tears stream down faster.

I drag the blade vertically against my soft skin. I push down hard. Blood pushes out of the cut and I do it again and again and again.

'I'm so stupid, cutting for something so petty as not getting my way. My problems like this don't matter.' I hit my arm against a wall leaving a blood spot.

The door knob turns but it's locked. "Ethan, honey. What was that noise? Is everything okay?" My mom says through the door.

"Um, yea mom. Just accidentally tripped standing up." I nervously say. Guess I'll be wearing long sleeves for a couple of days.

"Okay, be more careful next time." She tells me caringly through the door.

"I will." I force a smile even though she can't see it. I quickly grab some toilet paper and run warm water on it. I rub the wall where I smacked my bloody arm. It'd be horrible for my parents or Drew to see it.

Drew was my little brother. Right now he's off at summer camp with some friends. I used to be forced to go there but I didn't have friends like Drew. I was just the unsocial boy everyone at camp laughed at. I finally was able to convince mom not to make me go.

I wipe of most of the blood. There's a faint red spot. I have three days before Drew gets back. Mom doesn't go in my bathroom often.

I go throw on a gray long sleeve and look through my closet. I find an old picture frame. I find some old family pictures in my brothers room and a piece of construction paper. I make a nice little photo collage and put it in the frame.

I hang up to photo collage over the blood stain on the wall. My mom walks in and sees the new picture.

"That's really nice." She says. He words stick me wrong. I wouldn't have to have done this if she would've just let me hang with Justin.

I say nothing and walk to my room. I decide it'd be best to tell someone about what happened. I pull out my phone and text the only person who would care.

Hey Liliana...

What happened?

I tell her about my mom not letting me see Justin and how I reacted and my arts and crafts project.

Ethan...

I'm sorry. I hate myself. I overreacted extremely bad.

Don't hate yourself and don't feel bad just please please please text me first next time. I could help you and we could avoid your reaction to things.

Ok. I will. Thanks for not being mad.

No problem, I love you.

Love you too best friend.

I put my phone down and lay on my comfy bed. I slowly drift into a dreamless sleep. Hopefully things will get better when I wake up.