Chapter Two

"Ang! C'mon, it's Saturday night, all you're gonna do is sit home, watch TV and cuddle with your cat! Just come with me!" Lola pleaded through the phone. Lola has been my best friend since high school. We were both outcast and now she's a model and I'm a fashion designer. Kinda perfect huh? It also saves me some money which you could never be mad about right? "I can't, and hey, Tom has a name." Tom was my cat, he's a fat gray tabby and he's been my baby since he was a baby. "Lola I hate pubs. I hate clubs, anything with a nubs at the end isn't for me." I don't like loud music, I don't like the smell of liquor, I don't like random men grinding upon me. It's just not my scene. "Fine, how about we just go to a nice dinner? My treat?" Suspicious. I'll never say no to free wine and free food. "Okay, I'll be ready in 30!" Right. "So an hour?" She knows me so well. "Yes ma'am. See you soon, love youuuuuu." I draw out the you until she hangs up. I'm already regretting this. I'm in my 20's. 28. I should be able to go out for the long haul, but instead I want to watch Dexter and eat take out Thai. Oooh, Thai. "Meow." Huh oh it's Tom. "It's time for your dinner huh baby, okay let's go get you some food angel." To think I didn't have this precious baby with me at one point in my life. Crazy.
--------
An hour later here we are at South Desert, catching up, laughing and enjoying some pretty fabulous food. I mean I haven't eaten this good in a long time. Airline food isn't as good as it used to be. I fly all the time, so trust me. I know. Lola waved down our waiter to ask him for the check. "Hi, can we have the check please?" He smiled "The bills already been covered. Tip included." Both of our jaws dropped. I mean we were well off but we both know that's a fine check to pay for two strangers. "B-By who? What? Am I on punk'd?" "Excuse me?" I forget we're in the UK and they don't always know American television as we don't always know British television. I've been here for 3 years and I still don't know it all. "Excuse her-" I but in, "who paid our bill?" I ask super confused but also very grateful. "Those two gentlemen over there." He says pointing towards two very striking men, sitting at the bar. One with dark raven hair, olive skin and piercing green eyes. The other one, he was just so intoxicating. Tattoos covered his arms and neck. Pale skin, brown hair, blue eyes.. Something in me always loved the bad boys and it never worked out in my favor. "Them? They paid it?" "mhm." our waiter nods as he walks away. "Do we go say thank you?" Lola asked, do we? "Yes. No. Yes, lets be polite." We got up and walked over to the restroom just to make sure we looked presentable. I mean we obviously did, we got our whole meal payed for. "Do you think I can take the one with the tattoos home? Or should I try the beard?" What? Why does she want to go home with one of these guys? They only paid for our dinner. "Lola, you can get either one of them. I say tattoos, but knowing you you're gonna go for the beard because you like the way the feel on your thighs." she knows i'm right too. "Dang, its like you're reading my mind or something get out of my head!" She was right, I know Lola inside and out. There's nothing that i wouldn't know about her. "I am in your head." I teased. Once we finished in the bathroom. doing touch ups, fixing our hair and eating a TON of mints we walked over to the bar and luckily our two admirers were still there.

"Hi my name is Angela and this is my best friend Lola, we just wanted to come over and say thank you for paying for our dinner. We really appreciate it." I smiled while sticking my hand out to meet theirs. Mike, the one with the tattoos and beautiful blue eyes, hypnotizing to be exact, he was the first to shake my hand. "Our pleasure, my name is Michael, but you can call me Mike. This is my friend Oscar." Dang, both these men are gorgeous. "Hey Oscar, how about I buy you a drink?" Lola said while confidently sitting on the bar stool next to him. He raised an eyebrow to her and smirked, "Well Ms. if you insist how can I can i say no?" Well there goes my ride. "So Angela, what do you do?" Mike asked why he sipped his whiskey. I smiled, "I'm a fashion designer." "Oh that's sick, for how long?" Oof, im about to give my age away. "About ten years now. It's been a while." I said while chuckling. "Oh so you've been doing design since you were like what, twelve?" Boy I wish, "No since I was 18, I just turned 28 last month." His mouth slightly dropped. I mean 28 isn't old, but you except to look older you know. You're 28, almost 30. Sheesh. 30, now that's gonna be crazy. "You look amazing." I smiled, blushing slightly. Luckily in-noticeable in the restaurant. "Oh thank you that's so sweet of you."
———-
               Michael and I have been at the bar for at least three hours now. At least. Lola and Oscar has left over an hour ago, but something about Mike just made me want to stay with him. Look into his eyes, hear his soothing voice. It was so deep, and rich. It was intoxicating just like him. You know Angela, you haven't had sex in over a year... maybe just-. Nope. No brain. No vagina. We are not. No. Maybe? No. We'll see. I was so into this deep battle with myself I hadn't noticed Mike was asking me something. "Do you want a ride home? I was Oscars so I'm assuming Lola was yours." I purse my lips together, "Well you'd be guessing correct. Uh only if it's not too much trouble." He smiles and takes my hand, "It's not at all." As we walk outside the air hits and it's like a ton of bricks. England in the winter is crazy. "It never ceases to amaze me that y'all actually have seasons." I saw while were waiting for valet. "California girl?" I smile "Born and raised." I loved California, but I loved England too. It's become my new home sure all of my family isn't here, but as soon as I could I moved my parents up here and it's been home ever since.

              The car ride home wasn't bad at all. It was nice, some small chit chat here and there but I was was tired I barely even noticed when we arrived. He got out of the car and opened my door for and walked me to my door. "It was wonderful meeting you Angela. I would love to see you again." He said while scratching the back of his neck. I smiled "Of course. Name a date and a place and I'll be there." It wasn't awkward, but I started to shift under his gaze. It caused me to feel so, small. I'm a boss, I'm a tough chick but something about Mike made me feel small. Before I could even say goodnight I felt his lips on mine, plump, and soft. He tasted like peppermint, he placed his hands on my neck causing me to shiver from their cold touch. I placed mine at his hips, I needed this. I missed the feeling of passion. Of a kiss, an embrace. He pulled away taking my bottoms lip between his teeth, tugging gently. Oooh.. take him inside now. My eyes slowly cluttered open. "Uh, would you like to come in?" He smiled. "I'd love to."

_____
A/N: Once again hello future Rayven. Yes it's me from 2019 re-doing a story from 2014. I write and then upload because I don't want to remove the whole story because people do still enjoy it and if you do God bless you and hopefully you still do after revamps. Thank you guys so much for sticking with me. Love ya!