Too Soon?

"We're here." Blake said as he pulled into his driveway. "We'll get your car in the morning, Lexie." He reminded and she nodded.

"Thank you." She smiled. He grinned and hopped out of his truck. She went to take Logan out of his car seat but he was asleep. "Honey." She woke him gently. He came to and smiles at his mother. "Come on babe." She carried him. Blake followed after them, slightly wishing he had a family. Sure, having a wife was nice but he had always wanted kids. She laid him on the bed and he fell asleep again in a heartbeat. She looked at her son and ran her hands through his hair. Blake watched her and couldn't help but fall in love with everything she did. "Thanks for letting us crash here." She broke him out of his gaze. "We'll be out of your hair tomorrow."

"No. Y'all can't sleep in your car. That's dangerous. My home is your home." He offered. "No matter how long you need it." He smiled. She thanked him and asked if she could shower. He showed her to the guest bedroom's ensuite. "Awe there aren't any towels in here. I'll put one on the bed go ahead." He said and left. Lexie went into the bathroom and closed the door partly, in case Logan needed her. She started to undress when Blake had walked back in clutching towels in his hands. He looked at the door that was a crack open. Lexie was shaking off her cutoffs and throwing her shirt off. He watched her even though he knew it was wrong. She unhooked her bra with her back to him. Before he could see her take her underwear off, the door bell rang. She didn't hear it since the shower was running. He ran out, not wanting to get caught looking at her. He opened the door.

"Blake!" Miranda leaned into his chest. "I knew you missed me! I know that look in your eyes. You want me. You used to look at me like that every time you saw me. I haven't seen that look since you signed the divorce papers." His eyes were glazed over with the thought of Lexie's body. "Kiss me." She leaned in. They shared a long kiss. Blake continued to imagine Lexie. When he opened his eyes he saw Miranda and stopped.

"Ran... You need to go." He pushed her away gently.

"We do this monthly Blake come on." She reminded. He realized if he continued this with Miranda, he'd definitely have no chance with Lexie. He wouldn't dupe her.

"We can't anymore." He informed her. "I'm sorry." He led her out. "Please understand Miranda. But our chapter in life together has been over a long time ago. We're just adding flame to the fire. We split because of you, because I loved you too much to know when you were doing things behind my back. I can't do it anymore, Ran. You're with him now.
Please just go." He said sadly. She looked at him with tears and left.

He locked up and shut the lights off downstairs. He walked up the stairs. He looked into the guest bedroom and Lexie and Logan were both asleep, cuddling. He smiled and shut the door, heading to his bed.

*

Logan woke up bright and early. He hopped off of the bed, putting the blanket back on his mom. He walked down the hall and down the stairs. He turned on the tv and watched. He put it on low because he knew that others were sleeping. Blake's alarm went off an hour later. He heard the tv and joined Logan.

"Hey bud." He said. "You hungry?"

"Mhm mhm." His attention was caught.

"Okay let me go wake up your mom and we can get something cause I don't got any food." He laughed. Blake went back up the stairs and walked into the room. "Lex." He whispered. He admired how she looked when she was sleeping. He hesitated to wake her. He shook her gently and said "Lexie wake up." She exhaled and turned her back, making him laugh. "Lexie come on." He smiled. He shook her more and she came to. "Finally."

"Hmm?" She said with shut eyes.

"Logan's hungry and I don't have anything to cook so I thought I'd take y'all out." She opened her eyes and sat up.