Chapter Eight

I woke up not to the sound of y stupid alarm but to banging on my door. I debated looking at the clock to check the time but the person knocked again. I was so tired. Me being tired me didn't even think of the possibilities of what was behind that door. I dragged my body to the door and opened it.

"Juliana?" Luke said. My body suddenly didn't feel sluggish but rather stuck. I was stuck looking at the man who used to be my best friend, who is my sister's boyfriend, the one who saved me, the one that almost raped me.

     "Luke," I said in disbelief. His eyes raked over my body. I probably looked exposed with my oversized teeshirt that didn't even go over my bum all the way. My face turned white as images of Luke on top of me demanding my clothes off as I sobbed ran through my head.

     "Can I come in?" Luke asked. Before I could respond, he pushed pass me. I closed the door and grabbed my phone. I turned it on and glanced at the time. My eyes widened as I saw I had an hour till my first class.

     "I've got to go," I said and began to grab some clothes to get dressed. I left to go into the bathroom but Luke had to say something.

     "Get dressed right here," Luke didn't ask, he demanded. His voice was heavy and images of him in his underwear popped into my head. I did not want a repeat of what happened.

"I don't have time for this," I said quickly and ran into the bathroom. I quckily fixed myself up and ran into the small kitchen. I grabbed a breakfast bar and ran out to school.

~

I ran into my first hour classroom completely out of breath with a minute to spare. I took the seat next to Nogla's and placed my face on the desk. Someone sat to the right of me jut as the bell rang.

    "Good morning class! I am proud to say that this is my favourite class! And I am supposed to assign partners for this two week project that will start tomorrow but I'm going to let you all pick!" My teacher exclaims.

     "The project will be over what you and your partner think was the greatest mathematical advancement in all of history and type up an essay on it,"  my teacher continues.

   "So I'm going to let you guys pick your partner and start discussing ideas," my teacher finishes excitedly. I turn to David and our eyes say that we will be partners. I place my head back onto my desk and doze off for the rest of class.

~

     Lunch rolls around and I tell David and Lui I'll meet them down at the cafeteria. I don't. I go up to the school roof. I stare off in the distance and close my eyes. I've been through so much this last year. I can remember when my sister and I would tell each other everything. I can remember how I held her through every break up.

    I held my crying sister closer to me. This was the third time that son of a wonderful woman broke my poor sister's heart. That stupid kid. My gorgeous sister was becoming a wreck over someone who was worth less than the gum under my shoe.

     "Hey sis," I tell her," don't cry over some asshole." I freeze up. My sister starts laughing and my face burns bright red.

    "Did you just swear?!"my sister exclaims.

     "This is so embarrassing," I whine and attempted to cover my face with my hands. She laughs at me for a little longer until she calms down. It's silent in her room but the super comfortable kind. Then, out of no where, she tackles me to the floor in a hug.

   "Thank you," she whispers. I smiled and hugged her back.

    I wish I could go back to that time. The time when my sister didn't think I was weird and different. Back to the time when I didn't cuss every other word. Back to the time when we were sisters.