Lack of Gravity

CRASH.

Jay sails across the room and slams into the wall with an oath. She hits on her side and half rolls, half slides down the wall, dust coating her jumpsuit. She lands on her stomach and knocks the wind out of herself and coughs on the debris raining down on her. A shadow falls across her and she looks up to see Agent Barton smirking down at her.

"How many times do I have to tell you to use your agility, not your strength kiddo," he asks with a laugh as he pulls her to her feet. She spits out a piece of drywall, purposely aiming for his shoe. "Hey, that's dirty!" he grins. She snarls and crouches on the ground and then launches herself at him full force, head straight to his stomach.

He's not laughing so much now.

They fly backwards and he twists, driving her side into the ground to adjust some of the impact away from his own body. She growls as she hits the bruise from the tranq dart. Ooooh, how she hates him. He tries to pin her but she rolls and sweeps at his feet but he rolls over her leg and grabs her foot, pulling it with him, twisting her body around with a snap. Her hip burns as he yanks her up. She hits him with her other foot and then rolls backwards over her shoulders to crouch in front of him.

"Bravo," comes a voice from above and Jay's head snaps up. Tony Stark is smiling down at her with that annoying playboy smile and she wants to jump up there are throttle that smirk right off his face. Wow, adrenaline makes her feisty.

The distraction costs her as Hawkeye tackles her and pins her face down into the dusty ground of the training arena. "What did I tell you about always being aware of your surroundings?" he asks her critically as she tries unsuccessfully to pry his bulk off of her.

"Well normally my surroundings don't include idiot billionaire playboys, now do they?" she snarls. Barton laughs and gets off her, offering her a hand up which she pointedly ignores. 

"In a bad mood, I see," Barton comments and she scowls at him as she dusts off her jumpsuit. Goodness, she can feel every bump on her body in this thing. Natasha wasn't kidding, the suit really did fit. And unfortunately, it gave her curves as well. Which she was sure a certain two men were staring at right now.

She rolls her shoulders and feels the bruises under the tight suit. She wants very badly to go lie down in an ice bath and fall asleep that way but there are at least two more hours left with the Hawk and the Black Widow until she's done. It's only around ten a.m. and she gets a break at noon. Not that it's a long break but when you are rudely pulled out of your bed in the morning at 5:00 a.m., noon is past midday to your groggy and abused body.

Tony chuckles, "He had you good, Xena. Maybe if you wore your leathers and swung a sword you'd be able to win." She gives him the evil eye.

"Get stuffed," she spits at him.

"Wow, was it something I said?" Tony jokes to Barton. Jay is not in the mood. They've been at it for the last five days on this ridiculous schedule and every bone in her bone is aching and her muscles feel like ragged bundles of torn fibers under a layer of black and blue skin. The training has been good for her and she has stayed after hours some days to work on her form or a new idea Barton or Natasha taught her. But she's feeling pretty worn out and cranky today and she's not in the mood for Tony's jibes.

"Hey, kid, I was joking," Stark says when he sees the frown on her face. She brushes his half-hearted apology off with an arrogant, practiced gesture and turns and heads for the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" Barton demands. "We still have two more hours."

"Good to know," Jay snaps without turning around.