Who You Choose

Tyr.

The One-Handed God.

Tuesday. Mr. Tuesday. It was there all along. Thursday is Thor's Day, Wednesday is Odin's Day, Friday, Frigga's Day. She should have seen, should have known. Tuesday. Tyr's Day.

"I'm amazed you didn't put it together sooner," Tyr says, hands spread wide, the thick leathers and pelts he wears moving as he steps out of the crater he has just created. "Especially you," he says turning to Loki. "The Trickster God," Tyr says mockingly, "The Sly One. I guess that card was played so long ago that someone forgot it was left on the table."

The look on Loki's face is murderous. "Seriously," Tyr drawls, his thick gold hair moving as he laughs sarcastically, "I would have thought you would have seen the resemblance sooner."

Loki's face goes slack with shock, something none of the Avengers have ever seen before. He looks at Jay who is propped up by Barton, her eyes still bleeding and her wrists and fingers so pale they appear translucent. Loki looks deeply into her face, as if seeing her for the first time.

"Sigyn," he breathes.

The memories rush through him and he can see the same ones in Jay's eyes as she looks up at him. This was never something he would have expected but it's becoming painfully obvious that he should have seen all of this coming, should have known just by looking at her. The auburn hair, the storm grey eyes.

"Loki, what does he mean?" Thor asks in confusion.

Tyr cuts off Loki before he can even get a word out. "It would actually be easier to show you," he says with a smirk. His hand reaches out towards Jay and suddenly her head snaps back and she yells in pain, a swarm of orange magic from Tyr's outstretched hand enveloping her. Thor advances on Tyr but the One-Handed god just shakes his head and says, "Watch."

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

The dungeons dissolve in a flurry of stars and constellations and suddenly everyone finds themselves standing in the throne room of Asgard again. The décor is different and there are other people here that seem not to notice the arrival of six super-humans, a trickster god and the villain of the story.

The Avengers watch as the throne room doors open to reveal a delegation that moves towards Odin's throne. Frigga is there as well as a younger Thor and a younger Loki. The two princes of Asgard stand off to the left side of Odin's throne, while Frigga stands on the right. Asgardian soldiers flank the hallway leading to the king and the delegation approaches under the watchful eyes of the trained guards. Other minors gods and goddesses line the steps up to the throne, Tyr among them and many others the Avengers do not know the names of.  Odin rises from his throne and taps the end of his spear down onto the ground and the room goes eerily silent.

"Welcome to Asgard," Odin booms. The delegation comes to a stop in front of the throne. "I hope your journey across the Bifrost was smooth."

"My Lord, Odin, All-Father," says the man at the head of the group. He is tall and dressed finely, clearly a nobleman of good standing. "My father, King Iwaldi of Vanaheim, sends his regards. We come in peace, to fulfill our side of the peace treaty between our realms." The Avengers watching this scene play out see Loki scan the Vanaheim delegation and sees Tyr fixiate on one person in particular in the group but they cannot tell who.

"I thank you for your cooperation," Odin says and there is something smug about his voice that makes the Avengers realize that Vanaheim must have been defeated in a recent war because clearly Asgard is the victor. The smug look on young Thor's face seems to be proof of that.