Chapter 2 - Seekers

What was the last thing you did so passionately? Wherein you gave so much time and attention in doing it, it might not be studying I presume, a selfie perhaps, it might be in a video game, or a really fun activity with your fellow friends, it might be a battle in which you gave so much effort in strategizing and planning, have you ever felt that satisfaction when that thing you did succeeded? Ever felt that unquenchable flame in your heart when you succeed in levelling up your Town Hall in Clash of Clans, or when you destroy the Dire team's ancients after 50 minutes of farming and levelling up in DOTA 2, or when that selfie reaches a thousand likes, that is the feeling of fulfilling a purpose in your life, but it is temporary, you try to fill it again and again and enjoy it, for a while, you wonder why 1,500 hours of DOTA 2, didn't actually feel satisfying, why after having a thousand likes you still want to take another selfie to fulfil your desire, or becoming Top 1 in your League didn't make you happy for a little while longer, and in the end of the day, you stare at the ceiling wondering if one more episode of One Punch Man will complete your day, or one more game will give you happiness, yet you know you will never fill that empty hole, and you know that you will keep on craving for that one more battle no matter how many hours you spend trying to edit the perfect photo for instagram.

There is a reason why we feel this way, we have placed the wrong shapes into the wrong spaces, the wrong tea to fill the bottomless jar of desire, the wrong game to spend your time, there is this one big space in our hearts that we will never complete or fill our way, nothing else will be able to complete this jigsaw puzzle. Everyday we live our lives seeking that piece, we knock on different doors to discover the right places, we are all seekers. Regardless of who we are, deep in our hearts, there is something that our hearts yearn so badly, but whatever it is, if not the right one, we will be seeking in vain, no matter what we do, if we do not seek the one thing we were all made to seek, we will never find true happiness, and we will never be satisfied.

The Human History is only a summary of human beings seeking something else other than God; Centuries of battles, conflicts, journeys, on the quest for glory, fame, gold, whatsoever. Even in the Old testament, the Israelites always had this tendency to fall away and turn their backs again from God, just like the human heart, they all went their ways to seek happiness, but they were deceived, we were all deceived. The whole world tells us that "Life's true meaning is to find happiness", this is partly true, but taken the wrong context instead it hides and blurs out the true purpose God made for us.

So God sent Jesus Christ to show the world, that "Life's true meaning is to find happiness in loving and serving God and your neighbours." He emphasized that well in
Mark 12:30-31 NIV
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

I have now spoiled the whole book, I have revealed to all of you Life's Greater Purpose of God. But on the way, this purpose has a lot of meaning to true seekers, this is not a shallow message of awareness, the heart of Christ was the perfect example of the heart of a true seeker, the heart to love God and to be willing to die on the cross for Him, and the heart to love others, to forgive those who hurt him regardless, and to seek and save the lost.