Chapter 4 - No Other Purpose

You're probably planning something right now, a lifelong dream, a goal, probably get a nice car, a decent house, maybe get better salary, become the best in using a hero or champion, capture the most breathtaking selfie, maybe get the highest score tomorrow, brag your highest matchmaking rank, whatever it may be, we can all be certain that we have them, different motivations, reasons that fuel hardwork and passion. A purpose by definition, is the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists, thus we can already conclude that it defines your very action or decision, and defines your very existence, it is like the core of a planet, the fuel for a car, blood of a human being, it flows inside you and gives life to your actions, and to yourself, if I play games to satisfy myself, yet I am not satisfied, I stop playing games, if I go to a cinema to watch X-men Apocalypse, and it turned out that the showing was over, I attempt to find another interesting movie, if I don't find one, I go back home, and if I wrote this book to get known or to become famous, and I don't get what I want, I stop, and I quit, but I have no other purpose but to glorify God through this, and so I will finish this until my last dying breath. Your very motivation, your pushing force, your fuel, your reason, your deeds, your purpose, defines you for who you are.

I am not here to discuss to you all how to destroy a level 11 town hall, or what angle to capture the right selfie, or how farm the jungle at level 1, I am here to show you the true purpose of our very humanity, our true reason. Christ's life and crucifixion was God's reminder to mankind, that life wasn't just about life, not just about becoming the best, or becoming known, instead Christ came to show us the exact opposite, that there is beauty in a manger, there is light in the cold and windy night, that there can be true joy and happiness on the back of a donkey, that there is more to servitude than just service, he showed to us the true purpose of our very existence. Yes, I am here to tell you that there is No Other purpose we can live, that if we live a purpose that doesn't align to God's very design for us, then I'll be frank, you will never find everlasting joy, and true fulfilment, and you will only wonder on your deathbed, if there is something you might have missed.

Look at the heroes we all know today, your national heroes, Abraham Lincoln, Mahatma Gandhi, Mohamad Ali, Martin Luther King, what is one thing they have in common? Look at the Bible's heroes and martyrs, Joseph, Abraham, Noah, David, Solomon, Jesus, Paul, Peter, what is one thing that they all relate to? One thing we can all say, these people were people who fulfilled a purpose nearer to God's plan for us, service. I know this may be unusual to you, as most of you might be swiping using your smartphones right now, but its true, it is, and always has been unusual for us to think that life's greatest purpose is to serve, knowing that as our ancestors lived, their very purpose was to conquer, to grow in wealth, to become more, to attain glory, but this was where it all went wrong, when we became the center of our own lives.

But nevertheless if you had noticed in history class, we all had that one thing in our hearts since the first civilizations came, the heart of worship and service. Everywhere around the world we can see clear evidences of cultures and traditions regarding sculptures, or idols they could give or sacrifice to, it has always been our nature to look for something or someone to give all your time, energy and resources to, even as you browse right now you know that there is someone in your heart you want to give your chocolates, your love letters, your time, and your life to. You know that you want to pay back your parents all the love and resources they spent raising you up. Because we humans knew, that we weren't an accident, we knew there was something we were made for, that there was a reason, a purpose.

This is why you notice that you could never get satisfied with abundant blessings, countless likes, a big house, or an expensive car, because we have that nature within us, the nature to give, love, serve, that aligns exactly to how God designed us. This is why you feel that uncontrollable joy after giving your little brother the toy car he has always wanted, this is why you feel greatly amused after helping a friend understand math, because there is no other purpose we were made for, but to serve and love God faithfully, and to serve and love others as well.