Ch. 1 - Resistance is Futile

It's been a week now, and people still can't stop talking about Tom Hiddleston giving his mobile number out on Twitter. Turns out it really is the real thing - some people have actually gotten through! You, however, being the skeptic you are, haven't made a single attempt.

Ever since the number was verified, you've had to restrain yourself from making the call. I mean, what would you say? You can't just ring him and ask him for a shag, that'd get you a nice restraining order. You probably would be too starstruck to say anything at all! You'd just sit there and hyperventilate into the phone; or worse, start crying out of anxiety. Better not to humiliate yourself, you think.

Despite all the things you tell yourself in order to keep from calling the number, you still have this nagging urge to give it a shot. You tell your best mate about this, and she suggests a text. You have to admit, it does sound less intimidating.

When you finally give up and decide to do it, you're lying in bed at two in the morning. This internal argument is keeping you awake and it needs to stop. One little text won't end the world, right? With a confirming nod of your head, you reach over and take your mobile from your nightstand.

To: (XXX) XXX-XXXX

Are you regretting it yet?

Your thumb hovers over the SEND button for a moment.

"I'm going to regret this," you mutter to yourself. Holding your breath, you press.

-Message Sent-

There. You exhale and set your phone back down. Rolling over, you shut your eyes, a satisfied smile on your face. Now you can sleep in peace.

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzt....