chapter 9

Jackson's POV:

Today everyone in the house is gone except for Ramona and I. Our moms are at work. Max had to go to the doctors because he's been having really bad nightmares. Everyone agreed to not have Ramona and I babysit so its just us today.

When I wake up its already nine o'clock. I decide to put on some gym shorts and a sweatshirt. I do my hair in a way that it's messy but doesn't look completely like bed head. When I walk down the stairs I notice that Ramona had the same idea. She has gym shorts on and a T-shirt. Her hair is up in a messy ponytail, but she still looks perfect.

She had been cooking some pancakes so we sit down together and eat them in a comfortable silence. The pancakes were really, really good.

Ramona and I decided that we would watch some movies. Its a cold, rainy Monday so it was a good thing to do. We agreed to watch the Starwars movies. We both love them so it was a easy choice.

I go get the popcorn and she puts the movie in. We somehow finish at the same time. We turn all the lights off, to make it like a movie theatre. After everything is done we sit down next to each other, really closely.

Usually we have Max in between us. Also we normally have moms that would disapprove.

About twenty or thirty minutes into the movie I notice that Ramona is shivering. I take my sweatshirt off and put it over her shoulders. She looks to me and smiles. She puts my sweatshirt on the right way. It's way to big on her but its really cute on her. The sleeves hang down past her fingertips. Latter when she stands up to go to the bathroom I notice that is also goes down past her butt and covers her shorts. It looks way better on her than it ever did on me.

Hours later:

Ramona and I both fell asleep. Right before I fell asleep I pulled her closer to me, grabbed a blanket off the top the couch and kissed her forehead.

I hear movement in the house. Everyone must be home now. Wait, Ramona and I are still snuggled up together!
"Aww shewolfs! Come quick!" I hear Aunt Stephanie yell to our moms.
Great this is just great. Now Ramona and I will never be aloud to stay home alone together ever again. I really had a great time with her today and I don't want that to be ruined.

I hear our moms coming down the stairs so I start to 'wake up' but first I roll over and kiss Ramona's head. I then roll back and pretend to wake up. When I open my eyes I see all three of them acting like they're busy doing who knows what.
"Hey Jackson," my mom says, looking up.
"Hi mom," I say back.
"So what did you and Ramona do today?" She asks, hinting to us cuddling.
"We had some pancakes then watched some movies. Ramona got scared though so I had to protect her from the movie." I say, calmly.
"OK well wake her up. Were all going out to eat." She says, walking up stairs followed by Aunt Steph and Kimmy.

I roll over and start trying to wake Ramona up. I try shaking her, then yelling her name. Neither of those things work though so I am left with no other option. I lean in and start kissing her. Almost instantly she is kissing me back. I pull back causing her to sit up.
"What was that for I was enjoying my sleep." She acts all mad.
"Were going put to dinner so get up." I answer.

She gives me a quick kiss as she stands up.

Ramona's POV:

That honestly was the best sleep I've had in a long time. I'm very sad that I had to be woken up. Yes I'm happy with the way I was woken up though.

:::time skip:::

It's the middle of the night and I have just fallen asleep when I am woken up. It's storming out side and it's really loud. Me being scared of storms can't fall back asleep. I decide to text Jackson to see if he's awake.
From:Ramona
To:Jackson
Hey r u up I can't sleep

He almost immediately text me back.
From:Jackson
To:Ramona
Ya y? Wats wrong?

From:Ramona
To:Jackson
Storms, scared

I text back quickly.

Soon I hear steps in the hall way. I hide under my blanket. Don't ask why, I just feel safe under blankets.

My door starts to open. I peak my head out from under my blanket to see who it is. I take my head fully out of my blanket seeing as how its only Jackson.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, as he sits down on my bed.
"Your scared so I'm gonna make you feel calm and safe." He says, smiling.

He grabs my remote and turns on the TV. He turns the volume down so that it won't wake anyone else up. We find some Boy Meets World reruns on so we watch those. Quoting them of course. The episode we're watching has my favorite boy meets world quote in it. 'Life's tough little bro' get a helmet.'

At some point in the night we both fall asleep.

I wake up before Jackson but I lay there for a little while. He's hugging me tight and I honestly like it. After a little while of laying here I try to get up but Jackson tightens his grip, saying "stay here."
I decide I'll just stay here till he gets up.