The Image

Prologue

The bunch of flowers, which were the colour red, were bouncing up and down. My hair was in a ponytail, swishing side to side as I ran through the corridors that belonged to the hospital. I looked upon each door to find the number 286, then suddenly stop. I walked closer knocking on the door for it to be opened by a middle-aged man with brown hair and streaks of grey. "Hello Brielle." David said quietly. "H-he-hey-ey!" I panted. David lead me into the room that had a window that allowed in loads of light making the room shimmer and feel happy. A pair of arms fiercely wrapped around me, making me jump. 

"You're here!" Caitlyn happily said. "Of course I'm here, I'm  your best friend!" I said, handing her the bunch of red flowers I bought earlier on. "Thank you so much Brielle! They're mum's favourite colour!" Caitlyn said as she walked towards a bed with a fragile body laid on top. She slipped the flowers in the hands of Julienne Harborough. I spotted Jacob and Charlie sitting quite far apart, knowing they both disliked each other because Charlie was the person their mum fell for, not David, Jacob and Caitlyn's father. They were both staring at the woman, the one who could not be helped. 

"Come over here, Mum was waiting for you!" Caitlyn said with a gentle smile. Technically, I was not a child of Julienne, but I have been best friends with Caitlyn for 10 years now and was basically a member of their family. I walked over to the put my hand over the hand that clutched the vibrant red flowers. She was cold, very cold indeed. Caitlyn put her hand over my hand making me smile. In the corner of my eye I saw her smile as well, which was good to know. She knew her Mum was destined to die but then still she smiled her beautiful smile. Just after the thought in my head went, a long beep had exploded from the machine next to the bed that made the entire Harboroughs jump. A man, who seemed to be a doctor, entered the room giving us a sorry look. 

"I'm afraid to say that Mrs. Julienne Harborough has passed away at 12:24pm on the 27th August." He said looking at Charlie, as he was the one who was married to poor Julienne. The doctor came over to the bed side to switch the machine off and to stop the horrible beeping sound. I hugged Caitlyn, who was now crying. Another set of arms surrounded Caitlyn and me. I looked up to see who it was, and it was Jacob. According to some other teenagers, it is wrong for your best friend's brother to hug you, but me and Jacob are practically brothers and sisters. One by one, people came and joined our hug, soon after we where in a huddle crying. 

"I told you Mum waited for you to come!" Caitlyn said happily, because she noticed that I was one of things that her mother loved as much as she did her children. Rest in peace, Julienne Harborough.

~♡~♡~♡~

Thoughts?

The first chapter will be available on 15th October... Because we like creating suspense.

♡K&C♡