The Image

Chloconut here!

I'm so excited to stary this new book with Konny, it's unreal. ;D Haha. ;/ I might even update this MORE than LMEAI, like omigod.

I almost got run over twice today. How bad is that? ;D then the driver on the second time wound down her window and shouted,

"FUCKING BASTARD CHILD!" at me. I was like,

"Chill, woman, I'm walkin' to school here. Got ma kilt an' all."

Yeah, maybe not that cool. Just... yeah. My besties saved me, lolage. Thurdays are a curse. JESUS WAS ARRESTED ON MOURNDY THURSDAY... OMIGOD I'M JESUS! ;P guess who's had CAKE! Moi!

Anywho, let's get down to beeswax and get this chapter written!

♡Chloconut♡

~♡~♡~♡~

Brielle's POV

The smell of dust circles round my nostrils and I know what is happening is reality. The slow music plays, my best friend snuffles next to me, thousands of people waiting, their eyes fixated on the church door. It's Caitlyn's mom's funeral.

I take a look around the church, defining its true feature and it was amazing! Big wooden beams that stretched across the ceiling and the white walls that where covered by paintings that where ginormous. However, the feature that was most attracting was the stained glass right above the crucifix, in front of the church. The sun shone through the glass making colourful beams of light flow into the depressed atmosphere of the church. My eyes flickered to the doors that slowly open, revealing the white coffin containing Julienne Harborough. It's carried by four men- Caitlyn's dad, Julienne's husband, Caitlyn's brother Jacob and another boy, who I was sure was Caitlyn's boyfriend. I can hear Caitlyn is actually crying now and put my arm around her shoulder, pulling her in for a hug. She cries into my chest while the coffin passes us, until Jacob; who’s managed to keep a straight face so far taps her on the back. He smiles at her before continuing to carry the coffin down the isle, to a marble table in the centre of the church. The priest begins to talk and we're all silent throughout the ceremony. That is, until it's time for the speeches.

First, Jacob goes up and says something about the best mom ever and how nobody would replace her. Then it's Caitlyn's turn, and by the look on her face I can tell she's frightened. I had helped her with the speech, as well as writing my own, and I knew that she was going to be great. I mean, who could beat a snuffling daughter saying words that will stick in people's brains for over a decade? Nobody.

"Um, hi. So, as you probably know, I'm Caitlyn. My mom died on the 30th of August and, well, seeing how many people showed up, that was a real blow to our family. In the past week, we've lost a great mom, auntie, sister, friend, godmother and colleague, and I just want to say a big thank you for all coming. I also want to tell my mom to lay back and relax in Heaven, knowing we are fine and she's been put to rest properly. Rest in peace, Julienne Harborough. It's been a pleasure knowing you." She says, her voice becoming stronger as the speech progresses. She steps down and ushers me up. It's my turn...

"So... Let's go back to the start, in Year Two when Julienne helped me find my mom when I was lost. I was scared, but she soothed me and told me everything was fine. Then, in Year Six, when Julienne gave me a lift home while I'd been round at Caitlyn's and I was going to walk home in the pouring rain. In Year Ten, last year, when Caitlyn and I were stuck in Fishwick airport with school, Julienne came thirty miles to rescue us. Now think. Why have I told you about these events? Because Julienne wasn't just my best friend's mom! Oh no, she was like my second mother. Julienne Harborough was a true woman. Rest in peace." I say, patting the edge of the coffin. I take my seat back next to Caitlyn and hug her. She tells me that my speech was amazing and I laugh quietly. We sit through the rest of the service in silence.After the church, we go to The Priory.

The Priory is the function room for the church, and to be honest; by the time we got there it was packed. My pink hair is the brightest thing there, and I can tell everyone is staring at me.There is a buffet laid neatly out at the end of the dance floor, and I'm tempted to grab something from it. But before I can, Jacob pulls me onto the dance floor.

"Sorry, didn't want to look like a loner." He says, beginning to dance. I follow him, noticing his striking eyebrows that neatly sat above his eyes, I mean that shape of eyebrow really suited him. It's a very weird thing to think about but I can’t help it, I’m weird! After a few songs we end up stealing the dance floor from all the other guests. I can hear cheering as we dance and begin to feel sick. So I'm glad when the music stops, because we exit the floor and Jacob releases me from his grip. I run off to the toilets and lock myself in a cubicle. A minute later, Caitlyn bursts in with a worried face and her navy blue dress looking a tad bit messy, probably because she was running.

"Brielle?" She asks uncertainly. I sigh.

"In here." I reply, chucking up into the toilet.

"What's up?" She asks, leaning against the other side of the door.

"I just feel a little-" I say, throwing up again, "Sick."

"Okay, well, if you're not feeling any good, you can go home." She tells me. I throw up one more time, before feeling empty. I knock on the door and open it. 

"No, I'll be okay." I say, washing my hands and pulling her out so I could get a drink. This is one nice funeral! Throwing up has to be the best thing ever! – Note the sarcasm.

~♡~♡~♡~

Comment, like, FOLLOW!

♡K&C♡