Chapter 3

"What are they doing?" I heard Shigure ask Yuki with a teasing tone.

"I have no idea. When I came earlier they were throwing clothes at each other while doing laundry," Yuki responded.

"Oh puppy love is adorable isn't it," Shigure teased.

"IT'S NOT LIKE THAT!" [I] yelled, embarrassed.

---

As if my mind was a record on replay, this moment. This comment which should mean nothing to me, which should roll off my back kept replaying. Keeping my mind restless and my heart thumping out of my chest. Aching.

Why would Shigure say something so stupid? All this thinking is starting to piss me off so I decided to head up to the one place where I can feel some level of clarity; the roof. Eventually, falling asleep on the tiles that were exposed to the starry night.

+-><-+

Beep! Beep!

"But it's so warm!" I mumbled to myself as my alarm went off. I reached up to scratch the top of my head, my fingers got tangled. "I guess I don't know how to sleep still!" I giggled, trying to start my day on the right foot. 

I listened to my back crack as I stretched up and to either side and gently got up from bed, starting my usual school morning routine.

"Good morning, Miss. Honda," a half sleepy Yuki greeted me as I was finishing up everyone's breakfast.

"Good morning, Yuki! Sleep well?" 

"I did, I wish it was for a bit longer though."

"Yeah, my bed was so cozy and warm! I had a pretty difficult time myself!"

"You could have slept in," a sweaty Kyo stated, entering to get out his carton of milk.

"How could I when there's work to be done," I closed my hand into a fist, the edges of my mouth perked up. I looked back over at the two boys. Yuki looked as if he did not at all process what I had said and Kyo was. . . bending backward?

"Are you alright, Kyo?"

"Hmm? Oh yeah, I fell asleep on the roof is all," he continued to stretch his back out in different ways. I bet sleeping there was really uncomfortable.

"Oh? Why is that?" Shigure asked, already sitting at the table with his newspaper, a sly smile upon his face.

Turning my attention back to Kyo, he was facing away from me as if the doorway to the kitchen suddenly became very interesting. "None of your business," he replied, the effort from his usual jog catching up to him based on how red he was becoming. 

"Oh shoot!" I say as I check the time. "We have to hurry and eat, we're going to be late!"

"Uo, Hana!" I run over to them from the classroom doorway with Kyo and Yuki not far behind. "Hey, Tohru!" They both respond simultaneously, and with that, a conversation started until the bell rings signifying the start of class.

Admittedly, my mind wandered a lot, mostly about yesterday with Kyo until a note landed in front of me disrupting my daze.