Chapter 4

Beauty created from an accident. A prominent ray of sunshine hit a small crack in the window causing a small rainbow cascade from the windowsill to the wooden floor, at least when Tohru wasn't in the way as she rampaged across her bedroom to prepare for the day. Her uniform was on but while she put the ribbon that Yuki got her in her hair, she stared at that particular spot on the window. 

---

"Take that you damn rat!" Kyo said before getting slammed into the ground by his cousin.

"Take what now? I'm no thief."

"Oh, a real smart-ass, huh?!" Kyo sprung back up, he neglected using defensive skills and instead tried to send a blow to his jaw with his fist. 

Yuki, tired of this nonsense, sent one final blow. His foot hit the side of Kyo's face causing him to slide across the gravel.

I small rock launched high above the rest from the pressure, startling Tohru as it hit her window which she had been behind staring at the two, a part of her hoping Kyo would win for once. Hoping that he would meet his resolve from it.

---

The girl hit her face a couple of times to refocus on her daily duties. A look of determination cast down her face and off she went to conquer breakfast! 

With a blush on his face, Kyo was whipping up food for everyone although he did consider just making it for Tohru seeing as she was the only one in the house he liked. Really, the only one he liked other than his Shisho. But, the orange cat zodiac knew that he would help her out more if he made some for everyone.

"Oh, Kyo! This is a surprise. Sorry I wasn't up to make breakfast before you got hungry. You could've woken me up."

"Oh no, don't worry about it," he started to blush, not wanting to admit that he did this for her rather than because he was hungry. He had turned his head slightly to face her, just out of curiosity and hope that she looked genuinely happy, which she was. Unbenounced to him, a smile had crept onto his face causing the young maiden to blush. 

+-><-+

Whoo! I need to cool off! "Thank you Kyo, I'm going to head out for a bit!" He grunted and waved as I exited Shigure's house. The sun is so relaxing. I miss seeing the sun hit mom's hair, I remember how it always felt as if she was glowing! 

I stare up in the sky, using my hand to cascade a shadow over my eyes just like I did on that fateful morning when I moved in with the three Sohma boys. I felt the heat of the sun on my fair skin in the way where I felt like I was glowing, just like mom's hair.

"Oh, that's starting to burn," I giggle to myself facing away toward the doorway where through my altered vision, I can see Kyo setting plates down on the table. 

Is that. . . a smile? Kyo was staring at two plates. What's special about those two? I notice him shake his head and places the two plates in the spots next to each other than leaving toward the kitchen.

"Food's ready!" Kyo yelled quite violently, entering back into the dining area with utensils in which he sets them all jumbled in the middle of the table.

Well, he cooked all this food the least I can do is finish setting the table. As I was going around, I came to the two plates Kyo was staring at noticing that they both had a small chip.