{Chapter 2: The Job}

I wake up the next day with my head feeling as if it's about to burst.

Man, I shouldn't of drank that much. But eh, it was worth it. I got to meet that really attractive guy last night. Charlie I think his name was?

Last night, all I thought about was him. He was so attractive!  But I'll probably never see him again. Apparently, I ended up falling asleep again, and I was rudely awoken by the blaring sound of my alarm, that's when it hits me. I have a job interview today.

I scramble out of bed and end up throwing my phone on the ground in the process, and I notice that there's a crack near the corner of my screen that wasn't there before, ugh. I just got this phone too. I only have thirty minutes before I need to leave for my job interview at FRCH Design Worldwide, I'm currently living in New York City, in an apartment near Times Square.

~~~~~

I run into the building at twelve thirty-nine pm. I ask the woman at the front desk where a man named Puth is, because he's my employer, and he's the one that is interviewing me. "Name?" "Meghan, Meghan Trainor," I say nervous about my appearance. Her fingers fly over the keyboard and she types in a name. After about three minutes of waiting she gets up from her chair and says, "Mr.Puth will see you now." She starts walking towards an elevator and motions for me to follow. She's a good six inches taller than me, so I have to practically jog to keep up with her.

When we get into the elevator there's a tense feeling in the atmosphere. "Good luck, Ms. Trai-" I cut her off, "Just Meghan please," She nods in understanding, and again an awkward silence fills the space.

When we finally reach the top floor I rush out of the elevator. The woman, I believe her name is Addison, leads to me to a set of doors and says that he should be right in there.

I take a deep breath and open the door.

"Hello, Mr. Puth, I'm Meghan," I say. His back is turned to me, so I can't see his face, but when he does turn around I gasp. I recognize him. He's front he night before. "Meghan? You're here, wow, um, hello again haha," It's cute how nervous he is. "Didn't I meet you last night?" I ask him. He falters for a second before answering. "No Meghan, you didn't meet the business man side of me; you met the real me, the one who's smile is genuine, the one who laughs a lot, the one that doesn't worry about tomorrow; Meghan you met the version that I doubt you'll see again." Simply stated. He's a mystery.

A/N
I'm so so so sorry that we took so long update, I've been really busy lately, and I haven't had time to work on an update, and I've been suffering from writers block. Anyways I'm going to start working on a new update soon, enjoy!
—Ella💖