{Chapter 6: Don't worry baby girl}

I've been working as Mr. Puth's— Charlie's assistant for about three months now. It's a good job, it honestly is but it gets awkward at times, like when I wear tight clothing his eyes drop down to my ass or my cleavage so fast I get confused if it even happened..

And there's times where I hear him.. talking about me on the phone; I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but it happened anyway.. "She's so beautiful, I can't take this, I think I'm in love with her.. It's just.. Meghan has this way of making everything seem fine; her smile kills me, and her perfect little dimples; and her long blond hair, it's so perfect, it matches her beautiful jade-green eyes perfectly, God I could go on.. I wish I could  have her.. But I can't, I only want the best for her, and I'm not that." I was standing, right outside of his door, looking at him through the slightly open door; and like the klutz I am, I dropped the papers I was holding, and a box, but it wasn't for Charlie, it was a box for a pregnancy test.

I was a week late on my period, and I've been craving really weird food combinations. So like any normal woman would do, I went to my local Walgreens and bought a couple pregnancy tests.  The contents of the little box spilled out all over the floor outside of, and to my horror inside of Charles' office.

He picked up the pregnancy test, and opens the door. "Meghan, a-are these yours?" he asked holding up the tests. "Yes, um, sorry about that, um; I'll just set these papers here and get my stuff so I can leave...." I rushed, picking up the papers and hastily walking into the room, setting the articles on his desk and walking out.

i finally found my car in the parking lot, then unlocked my car, which was an old black Subaru, and put the key into the ignition. Instead of starting, the engine coughed and spluttered. I'm stuck,  oh lord, my day has already been bad enough.

My phone died almost half an hour ago, so calling an uber is out of the question. Maybe, I could go back inside and get a ride back with Charlie.. 

"Hey, Charlie, I need a ride back to my house, or whatever..." I practically yell as I walk into his office. "Oh, Meghan, I was just leaving. Sure, you can get a ride from me, or you know you could. .. like come to my house and we could watch a movie or something?" he suggested, Oh my gosh, does this count as a date??? we're going to be alone, and in his house!!!!! oh my god, I need to calm my raging hormones.

We walked to his car, and he opened the door for me. I slid into the comfortable leather seat, and relished the comfort of silence.

Charlie gets into the car, about two minutes later, on the phone with someone, probably another one of his clients, or maybe a girlfriend; or a friend. But he wouldn't be doing the things he does to me if he had a girl friend! Oh lord, I still haven't taken the tests yet, I need to, because if I really am pregnant I want an abortion. No one knows this, and I don't intend to tell anyone, but the night before Brian and I broke up, he raped me. We were arguing again, so I went up to our, then shared bed room, and went to bed; I woke up around two am, with him on top of me. I figured out he didn't have protection on pretty fast, so obviously I was going to freak out. And that's exactly what I did, I started screaming, and punching his chest, trying to get him off me. He eventually came, and then fell asleep beside me; I took that one to gather all of my clothes, my phone, a charger, and some toiletries.

He's the reason I left Los Angeles and moved to the other side of the country.

It's like Charlie could tell that I was stressed, and upset. "Meghan—what's wrong? Are you okay? What's on your mind?" He's asking me so many questions, and it's hard to keep up with all of them. "No, Charlie, I'm not. Are we almost to your house?" He slammed his brakes so hard I thought I was about to fly out of the window. "We're here, and Meghan, once we get inside I want you to tell me everything, okay." He says, not a hint of questioning in his voice, it was a direct command, and it really shouldn't have, but it made me want him.

"Okay, um.. Charlie — do I you know.. have to tell you?" I ask sheepishly, "yes, Meghan, I'm honestly really worried about you." His eyes are glimmering with concern and stress. "Okay, it was a night before Brian and I broke up; we were arguing so I went to our room and I went to bed, then I woke up in the middle of the night with him on top of me. He was raping me. . . and I couldn't do anything.. I tried screaming for help, but that didn't work, and neither did punching. . . and he didn't use protection. . . and I think I might be pregnant, and it would obviously would be his, because I haven't had sex since then; but if I really am pregnant I'm just going to get an abortion, and I know it's bad, and I shouldn't but I'm barely twenty two, and I'm not prepared for any of this and —" I sob erupted from the back of my throat, I've only just now realized that I'm crying, Charlie had obviously noticed too because he pulled me in for a hug, and kissed the top of my head, "Shhhh baby girl, it's okay, I'm so sorry he did that to you. Shhhh it'll be okay, everything will be okay; I promise."

Hi, guys I suck at updating I know. Sorry 'bout that haha, but anyway I've been super busy with school and such. I kind of want to do what allaboutthatqueen had done, and suggest songs at the end of each chapter.

"Sunburn" by Ed Sheeran :)
—Ella