{Chapter 4: After}

Charlie's POV
As I drive home from interviewing Meghan, I can't help but smile like an idiot. I just hired a gorgeous, new employee, and asked her on a date. Wait, does this even count as a date? I don't necessarily think it does, but it's alright.

When I arrive home it's 6:10 pm. Wow, I wish I didn't live an hour away.

I walk up into my bathroom so I could shower and get ready.

*an hour later*

I'm finally done getting ready. Now, I have to tell Meghan the address, and tell Mike that I'm on my way to pick him up.

Meghan's POV
It's almost seven, and I'm patiently waiting for Charlie to text me the address. Suddenly, my phone goes off, notifying me that I received a text. It was from Charlie.

"the address is 983 Prism Road. see you soon xx"

I smiled and checked the time. 6:45. I went on google Maps to see how far away this pizza place is. It's about 10 minutes away, so I should probably leave now.

Charlie's POV

I pull up to Mike's house and honk my horn, indicating that I'm here. In a matter of seconds he comes walking out of his house and into my passengers seat.

"Hey, man," he greets, buckling his seatbelt.

"Hey, I need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Well," I start. "Ikindofinvitedmyemployeemeghantohavepizzawithustonight," I say really fast and without stopping in between words.

"What?" He asks, confused.

I sigh. "I invited my new employee, Meghan, to have pizza with us tonight."

"Is she hot?" He asks.

I chuckle slightly. "So hot,"

He grins like a fool. "Is she your girlfriend, dude?"

I shake my head. "I wish, but I only hired her today, and she can't find out about, you know,"

Mike is the only person I told about my secret. I'm not very open with it, but I figured, why not tell my best friend?

We finally arrive at the place, and wait outside for Meghan.

After about two minutes, I see Meghan walking towards us. God, does she look beautiful. She's wearing something so simple, but she makes it look so sexy.

"Hey, guys," she says. I look up at her and smile.

"Hey, Meghan. This is mike."

She smiles and hand his hand out. "Hi, I'm mike. It's a pleasure to meet you." He greets

"The pleasure is mine," Meghan says, smiling. "Should we go in?"

I nod my head and walk into the building behind Mike and Meghan walks right beside me.

"Hey," she whispers. "I don't know if you saw but, your friend checked me out when we shaking hands, and I found it a little creepy." I smile at her.

"It's ok. But I will let him know," I chuckle a little at the end of my sentence.

Meghan's POV

We sit down at a small table in the corner of the restaurant; I'm sitting next to Charlie, so close that our thighs are touching. Mike sits across from us, staring at his menu.

"So how long have you guys known each other," I ask Charlie. "Oh, well we met at colle–" Charlie says before he's interrupted by Mike, "Yeah we met at this one party, and I was really drunk and Charlie had to drive me back to my house at like four in the morning!"

Charlie starts laughing really hard, and places his hand on my thigh. I gulp, squirming under his touch. He must've noticed because his hand slowly started moving farther up my thigh. I looked over to him and practically begged for him to stop with my eyes. Once he caught on his hand moved back down to my knee.

–—–—–—–

"I had a lot of fun tonight, Charlie. Thanks for inviting me." He's driving me back to my apartment right now. We're alone. "I'm glad you decided to come, you're a really funny girl, Meghan." I blush at his comment, and it really shouldn't have but it made butterflies erupt in my stomach.

When he gets to my place we just sit in the car for a good ten minutes in complete silence.

"Do you want to come inside, Charlie?" I ask him, he looks at me, his gaze falling to my lips and back up to my eyes, so fast I barely realize he did it. "Sure I guess, well I don't want to intrude or anything, but if you're fine with it..." He mumbles and stumbles over his words, his awkwardness is honestly so adorable. 

When we get inside he goes to sit down on the couch. "Do you want to watch a movie, char?" "Sure, how about Bridesmaids?" "YOU LIKE BRIDESMAIDS?!?I LOVE THAT MOVIE!" I shout enthusiastically, I probably sound like an idiot.

We're sitting on my couch, the movie is over and my head is in resting on his shoulder, his arms around me. 

I pull out my phone and play 'Spoonful' by Etta James, and jump up, pulling Charlie up with me.

"Come dance with me, Char!" I giggle.

"I don't dance." He wines, I giggle again.  "Come on Charlie, please, I really like this song. I wanna dance with somebody." I complain, and a smirk appears on his beautiful face.

"Okay, Meg." He chuckles, God that chuckle. He puts his arm on my waist, and mine on his shoulders. 

We start dancing to the song, and I can't help but think this is our song now.  

A/N
Hey guys it's Ella and Asianah here! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you haven't heard of Etta James before, she was an extremely talented singer, one of her most popular songs is called At last and it's on her album At Last! that was released in 1961. Anyway, we'll be updating soon.
          –Ella and Asianah💖