17. Decisions

"What?"

"I want to be friends... Enough with all of this."

"After all I did to you, you want to be "friends" with me?"

"Yeah, is there something wrong with that?"

"Yes there is. Are you ok in the head? I bullied you for your entire life, and because of me you ran away... Now you want to be friends?"

"Yeah. I know how you feel, and I know you don't want to admit it. Just lets be friends... After you apologize."

She clicked her tongue and said ignorantly, "Yeah right."

The phone line was cut and I saw Jungkook's confused expression. "Who did you call?"

"It's nobody."

"Why won't you tell me?"

"It's nothing."

"Fine."

I looked up as Jungkook stood up and made his way outside of my room, slamming the door shut.

I need to.... Make a decision.

--2 Weeks Later--

Me and Juri have been meeting up secretly for the past week. She apologized and seemed nice after all of that. Except, recently me and Jungkook haven't been talking much.

Every time he sees me he seems to avoid contact ,even in public.

Today was the day I was going to meet up again with Juri at a nearby cafe. I got dressed and as I was about to walk out the door, Jungkook said uninterestedly "I'm guessing you're going nowhere."

"You guessed right." Not another word and I was out of the house.

Soon after, I made it to the cafe and saw Juri waiting for me with a resting warm smile on her face.

I greeted her happily and we started to talk like normal friends, "So Hyra, how are you doing..... You know with the whole running away from your family and life...?"

"Well, at first it was scary and overwhelming... But now I'm more worried then before."

"Why is that? Is everything ok?"

"I can't really say everything's ok but something feels wrong in my decision to run away. At first, I was so happy and free but now... I think I need to..."

"To what?"

"Run away from this. I love Jungkook don't get me wrong but I have this constant feeling at the back of my head that keeps reminding me ,that at any minute he could leave me. He is a run away after all."

"He won't."

I tilted my head and widened my eyes at her determination. "How do you know he won't?"

"He practically risked his life to protect you...."

"Yeah..." Suddenly, flashing memories of Jungkook came to mind. He was dripping blood from his scratches all over his body as he leaned on the wall behind him.

I shook my head and smiled pitifully while playing with the straw in my smoothie.

"Yeah..." She said awkwardly "Sorry about that... It was my fault after all."

"It's fine."

After a moment of silence, Juri's phone began to ring. "Can I take this?" I nodded and she walked away to take the call.

I sipped my smoothie and looked out the window beside me until my phone buzzed.

I pulled it out of my purse and took a look.