On Earth

Serina p.o.v

When we first landed the only thing on my mind was to get some blood, go to my apartment, and then grab some of my personal weapons. But I thought that if I got the blood first Scar would ask questions. We ended up going to my apartment first....I thought that maybe I still had some pigs blood left in the wine bottles in my refrigerator.

On the way to my apartment Scar explained his people, their language, their culture, their beliefs....and their enemies. I had quickly picked up on the language and I understood and respected their culture and belief. I had to learn quickly how to understand and learn languages and cultures in my 689 years.

So here we were at my apartment. I had got the only four things I needed to take with me that I didn't have with me in the first place. My human mothers necklace, my sister's favorite book, my journal, and a gift I was given by my coven 100 years ago that I hadn't opened.....they died before I could open the gift.

Before I told him I was ready to go I grabbed the wine bottle and poured myself a glass of blood. I drowned the glass in one go. I looked to Scar who was patiently waiting for me to get done. "I suppose you want me to tell you about my people now?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Ok. I'll start with the basics and slowly move to the more complicated stuff.....One, My people don't eat normal food like humans......we drink blood.......uh your word for it is 'thwei'....we can eat food but it offers no nutritional value what so ever. Two, we are mainly night creatures.....we prefer to hunt for our food in the dark.....and we can see better in the dark although we can see pretty far during the day. Three, we are practically indestructible. Four, we need to be around other sentient creatures at all times or the isolation will drive us mad. Five, we only have one mate.....when we find them we dedicate ourselves to them for life......physical contact is the only way to know for sure.....a handshake or accidentally bumping into them. Six, the only thing that can kill my kind is another one of my kind. Our teeth, specifically, is the only thing strong enough to tear through our flesh.....at least that we know of. I don't think any of my kind has met any of your kind before. Seven, if someone of my kind kills anothers mate then their mate will be the target, if they have one, to kill. My kind is very protective of our mates. Eight, we weren't always what we are now. Every one of my kind was once a human, but they were changed....turned into what we are now. Nine, Animals cannot be turned the way a human is.....they will reject it and die almost immediately. Ten, some of us have special gifts that set us apart from others of our kind....an example is reading minds,uh, hearing thoughts. Eleven, we have a council and if they want to turn a specific human they give one of my kind the job to protect them until their turned, they die, or they say something that means they don't want our protection. And Twelve, My kind are called, by humans, Vampires. We call ourselves the Eter-nial....or The Eternal." I explained.

~Time skip~

We got back to the ship. And he brought me to a room that I could call my own. Then he left, I presume, to tell the elder about what I had told him. Before he left he told me that it would take us three Earth months to get to the main ship and then two Earth years to get to their home planet.

I lay down on the fur covered bed and close my eyes to rest my mind. I don't sleep but I need to rest my mind or I will feel exhausted.

I slowly tune out of reality hearing the steady calming beating hearts of the inhabitants of the ship.

*****************************************************
I'm sorry it's so short but this is the best I can do.

Hope you liked it. :)

Vote and comment

Edited: November 22, 2016