Training and Learning

Recap: We got back to the ship. And he brought me to a room that I could call my own. Then he left, I presume, to tell the elder about what I had told him. Before he left he told me that it would take us three Earth months to get to the main ship and then two Earth years to get to their home planet.

I lay down on the fur covered bed and close my eyes to rest my mind. I don't sleep but I need to rest my mind or I will feel exhausted.

I slowly tune out of reality hearing the steady calming beating hearts of the inhabitants of the ship.

Serina p.o.v.

The next day I heard someone walk into the room but I kept my eyes shut. The one ability I had, that I haven't been able to control completely but I can control it, was to 'see' the area around me without using my eyes. I used that ability now. The one to enter my room was Scar and he was watching me with his head tilted to the side.....after the first few minutes he finally said, "Serina. You need to get up, we need to train."

I opened my eyes and stood up stretching. I very light purring noise was audible to my and Scars' ears only....it was coming from Scar....I doubt Lex would have been able to hear it.

"Ok. Let's get training." I said.

~time skip~

The Yautja obviously underestimated me they expected that because I was small and looked fragile that I 'obviously' was fragile. They started 'easy' on me to see what skills I had. The only one who didn't underestimate me was Scar for he had seen first-hand what I could do....although then I wasn't at full strength, now I was. But Scar was just observing he wasn't testing me.

As I knew I would, I beat all of them. Then we went higher on the training levels as each level progressed I showed a little difficulty but after a minute I'd get back my groove and be fighting as if I was fighting a toothpick. Several times during the trainings I had to hold back from biting any of them. Biting in a fight, to a vampire, was one of two things. One, done to show dominance. Or two, to mark a mate. They didn't know my customs yet so I held back....the longer we trained though the harder it was their blood smelled really good and when they fought they let off this musk that sent my senses in a frenzy.....

Scar p.o.v.

Several times during the trainings I noticed Serina's eyes would change quickly, almost feral, and then it would change back. I noted to ask what that was about later. I watched her fight and she was quick and fluid in her movements, no move was done without a purpose. As the training went on her eyes changed more and more often and it looked like she was holding her breath. She hadn't even broken a sweat and she defeated the best on this ship, to say I was impressed was an understatement.

When training was over she waited until the warriors she beat left the room before letting out a breath that she had held in.

"Why did you hold your breath and why did your eyes change earlier?" I asked.

"When you Yautja fight your blood it changes a bit and that messes with my senses and it took all my willpower to stop from biting them and that would've been bad." She said.

"Why?" I asked.

"In a spar fight my people only fight for three reasons. One, claiming food. Two, Dominance. And Three, Marking a mate. And as I said your blood changes and messes with my senses." She said.

"How?" I asked.

"Normally your blood has no scent except for this smell I cannot identify but when you get in a fight and I'm paying attention to the scents in the air your blood changes and it has a scent only given off by mating vampires or vampires fighting for dominance and it sets my instincts on edge. I don't know what my venom would do to your kind and I don't want to find out in training." She said.

I nodded, "I understand."

"Good." She said nodding. There was a bit of silence. "Now what?"

"Now we go eat." I said.

"Ok.......what am I going to eat? I can't eat what other humans eat and I can't digest solid foods. My body is designed to only breakdown liquids.....specifically blood." She said.

"You said our blood holds no pull over you in the sense that we don't smell like food?" I asked.

"That's right." She said.

"Then we'll take out some meats and see which you think smells most like food and you can drink the blood from that." I said.

She nodded. "Thank you Scar."

"Soladu-satia." I corrected.

"What?" She asked.

"My real name is Soladu-satia." I said.

"What does that mean?" She asked.

"It means Loyal Warrior." I said.

"Well I'm glad to know your true name. Let's go eat." She said smiling and off we went.

************************************************************************
(Word count: 884)

Vote and comment.

Sorry it was so short.

{Posted: June 24, 2017}