Voting for a Baby

"Come on Pepper!" exclaimed Rhodey while on his knees in front of the strawberry blonde woman. She rolled her eyes at him. Ever since Tony found that baby on the street two weeks ago Rhodey and Tony have wanted to keep it. Obadiah voted against the idea and Pepper had to deal with begging from both men because she was the deciding vote.

     "Think about how good it would be to have a kid around here!" he begged.

     "I don't know Rhodey. Is Tony really responsible enough to have a kid?" she said unsurly.

     "I can help!" he reasoned, standing up.

     "Oh yes, what about when you're away for the military?" she asked him with a raised eyebrow.

     "Well umm... Jarvis is always here!"

     "Of course, the computer system. No offense Jarvis," Pepper added.

     "None taken Ms. Potts," the AI replied. The two of them argued for a while longer when Jarvis interrupted them.

     "Ms. Potts, Colonel Rhodes brace yourselves," the AI warned.

     Suddenly Tony burst into the room in a Rafiki suit, in raised hands was the infant girl in a baby Simba onsie. "NAAA TIPENYA FALA HE SI LAMA!" Tony sang, then he jumped onto the couch. "RHODEY BRING ME THE OLIVE OIL!" he commanded.

     Rhodey scrambled to get into the kitchen to get some olive oil.

     "Tony you will not put olive oil on your baby!" Pepper yelled.

     Tony climbed down from the couch while cradling the small baby who was laughing happily and clapping her small hands, obviously having the time of her young life.

     Rhodey ran back in, mouth hanging open in shock and holding a bottle of olive oil.

     "My baby?" Tony questioned. "Did you say she was my baby?" a smile began to grow on his face.

     "Pepper, are you voting?" Rhodey asked quietly.

     "Yes I am. Tony, you can have it," Pepper agreed.

     Rhodey cheered happily.

     Tony simply looked down at the baby and held up one of his hands in front of its face. The infant gurgled with delight and began moving his fingers with her hands.

     "Hear that kid? I'm gonna be your daddy. Oh and one more thing now that that's settled," Tony lifted her up again. "BRING ME THE OLIVE OIL!"

     Rhodey gave it to him and the child was 'anointed' with it.

     "Also Pepper, now that the baby is mine we can't call her 'it' anymore, since she is obviously a girl," Tony said.

     "Ah yes that," Pepper said. "What are you going to name her?" she asked.

     "Tonya," the billionaire replied.

     "Oh no!" shouted Rhodey. "I will not let you curse my God daughter with a name like that!"

     "Your God daughter?!" Pepper yelled.

     "It was predetermined," Rhodey clarified.

     Tony huffed, "Well that gives us a whole new problem doesn't it?"