Baby's First Christmas

3 Months Later
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

     Tony decided that Alex should have a real first Christmas. That must include snow. Therefore, he, Alex, and whoever else wished to tag along, would spend Christmas at Tony's place in upstate New York. Rhodey managed to get Christmas off and went along with the two Starks.

     When they arrived Tony opened the door and a familiar British voice greeted them. "Hello Sir, Colonel Rhodes, and Little Miss," Jarvis said.

     "Hey J," Tony replied. Then he allowed Alex to waddle off and explore.

      "Jarvis is here?" Rhodey asked in surprise.

     "Yup. He's in all of my homes, my private office, and I think some of my shoes," Tony informed.

     "That's... awesome," Rhodey admitted.

     Suddenly Alex came back towards them and gave the two friends a confused look.

     "What's up with her?" Tony muttered.

     "Maybe she wants us to follow her?" Rhodey said.

     "I guess so," Tony remarked as Alex grabbed his finger to pull him along. The 11 month old dragged them to the large window in the living room. She pulled away from Tony and placed both hands on the glass.

     Outside the window were mounds of snow larger than Alex herself. Alex made a confused sound and smacked the glass with her small hand.

     "The poor thing hasn't seen snow before," Rhodey said sympathetically, shaking his head.

     "Well lucky for her, her daddy brought her plenty of clothes that are warm enough for her to play outside," Tony stated happily, glancing back at their bags.

     "Um, do we have anything warm enough to go out there in?" Rhodey asked.

     Realization dawned on Tony. "Most likely not!" he exclaimed sarcastically.

     "Well, considering I'm the only one of us who can drive in winter weather; I'm going to go buy us coats and gloves and the like. You go ahead and have a great time getting her to take a nap now!" Rhodey said anxiously. He gave Tony a pat on the shoulder and made a break for it.

     "Oh that was low," Tony muttered as he heard the door slam. "Hey Kid! Let's check out your room!" the father picked up his daughter and carried her up the stairs.

     The billionaire had the house set up to be lived in again a week ago, so everything was clean. Alex's bedroom was across from his. Her room had light green walls, glow in the dark stars on the ceiling, a crib up against the wall, and a dresser and drawers for clothes.

     "Hey look, that's a nice crib, right?" he asked. The baby began fussing and struggling right away. "Come on Alex. Let me show Rhodey up one time," Tony begged. Alex continued to struggle and Tony tightened his grip so he wouldn't drop her.

     He walked over to the crib and set her down in it. Alex grabbed on to the bars, standing up and bouncing up and down. She started crying and wailing. Tony fought the urge to pick her up and sooth her.

     "Look, Alex," he said, "I know you don't like taking your naps, but you have to so you can play later." Of course, this did nothing to stop her crying. "Sorry Kiddo. I'll come back for you in a few hours," he promised.

     Before he left Tony plugged in the baby monitor on the dresser. He shut the door quietly behind him. After walking down the stairs he grabbed his bags and went up to his room; placing everything where it belonged.