the brunette (pre-serum steve) part 1

(17 years old)
Steve's pov.

I rode my bike down the alley as i felt the cool wind blowing. I was only allowed out till 5 pm and i always looked forward to this part of my days. I saw a boy with long hair to his shoulders and beautiful greenish blue eyes, playing with his dog on the lawn. As he laughed it was like music to my ears and his smile was just...........wow. He looked way older than me and had lots of muscles, while I'm stuck with noodle arms.

His shifted his gaze to me and I looked away,begging that he did not notice I was staring. I realised I wasn't pedalling anymore so I started once again, attempting to flee. "Wait!" He yelled after me and I kept going, too embarrassed to turn back.

~~~
I decided to pass by the house again, it was rude what I did yesterday. Once I arrived i stopped my bike and when o noticed he was there playing with his dog again. "H-hi" I stuttered, a bit shy.

"Hey. What's your name?" He smiled, god it was mesmorizing. He laughed and shook his his, "your name" he repeated. I snapped out of the trance,"oh um..i'm steve rogers"

He smiled, "Bucky Barnes" he said sticking out his hand for me to shake. I shook it and as I did, I felt shivers down my spine. His hands looked so rough yet they were so gentle and soft. The brush of a tail against my leg pulled me out of my thoughts and I looked down to see Bucky's dog wagging its tail and placing the ball in front of me.

"Can I?" I asked and he giggled,"sure"

I pet it, smiling at how soft its fur was. It was almost silk- like. The dog had one green eye and the other was blue. The white fur was as white as snow and he had a little collar saying
"Scotty".

I sat in the grass as the dog curled into my side. "He likes you", Bucky said and I looked into his eyes noticing the little specks of silver in them.

"You know Steve," Bucky started,"you can come by anytime you like. I'm sure my ma won't mind"

I was so happy and i didn't want to freak him out so i said, "o-ok"

Bucky chuckled and smiled, i was still a bit shy. I looked at the clock and rushed these words,"see ya tomorrow then! I have to get home"

"See ya!" Bucky yelled after me and I was already on my bike, half way down the street.

To be continued....