Prologue.

Veer looks out of the car. The sky is tar-black and the large clouds are moving towards him. He hears a tapping on the window glass and then it becomes a pitter-patter. People run for cover and umbrellas are opened as the clouds spit out their beads of water. Puddles begin plinking as the rainfall becomes heavier. The roof of the Veer's car dances with spray and he hears the murmuring of the rain.
            "Great! It had to rain on my first day. I wonder how some people can love to be in the rain." Veer says, standing in front of the Tihaar Jail.
           Tihaar Jail, situated in New Delhi, is the largest complex of prisons in South Asia Run by Government of Delhi. Veer is appointed as the new Chief Officer of the prison. The prison is styled as a correctional institution. Its main objective is to convert its inmates into ordinary members of society by providing them with useful skills, education, and respect for the law.
              As Veer enters the jail wearing his khaki uniform , a junior constable gives him a salute and leads him as Veer asks him to take a full round of the prison with him. On the round, Veer sees a lot of prisoners and for some reason, he talks to each and every one of them. Tihaar Jail has 9 central prisons, one of which is a prison for life long imprisonment. The inmates, who are generally Murderers, Rapists etc, are never allowed to come out of their cells as the officers of the jail don't feel it is necessary. Veer and the constable have reached the central prison now. He is taking a look at all the Prisoners there in the cells. All of them look nothing more than animals.
           When they reach the last cell, the cell no. 482, Veer notices a man lying down in a never ending silence. The man looked pale as if he was a step behind from death. His hair and beard were denser than the Amazon forests. But, Veer feels something special or rather unusual about prisoner no. 482.
       "Hey! What's your name?" Veer shouts at the man in the prison. Veer's shout was loud enough to be heard in each and every cell in the central prison , the man , prisoner no. 482 doesn't respond anything but turns his head to see Veer through the long parallel bars. Veer looks at him.
         He notices him to be a young man, 25 to 28 years of age. His long hair and beard look even bushier now. His eyes are bubbled out and half closed as if his sleep is torturing him for years. A long scar is quite visible on his face, ranging from his forehead to his cheek. He looks anything but normal. But, what Veer finds quite weird is that the man is leaning on his back and has aligned his ear to the front wall of the cell. As if he is trying to hear something from the wall, but what?
     "Is he out of his mind? What he's doing?" Veer asks the constable.
   "Jaane do sir! Lagta hai dimaag khraab hai iska. Jab se jail me aaya hai, yehi karta aa raha hai. (Leave him, Sir. It seems that he is out of his mind. From the day he has come, he has been behaving like this.)" The constable replies.
    "What has he done?"
    "He's a cold blooded murderer sir. The bastard killed someone a year ago."
    "Killed whom?" Veer asks.
    "I don’t know sir, the officer before you didn’t tell me when I asked him... One more thing I know about him is that he was an Army Officer." The constable added.
     "What? An army officer killed someone? Really?" Veer said in disbelief.
    "Haan sir! Tabhi to yahaan aaj idhar 4 diwaaron mein band hai ye. Paagal bhi ho chukaa hai. (Yes, sir. That’s the reason why he is here today as a prisoner locked in these four walls. He has even gone mad.)" The constable said with a smirk on his face and Veer tells him to leave.
     Veer's heart isn't ready to accept that an army officer could be a murderer. He opens the door of the cell with his master key and sits in front of prisoner no. 482, who is still trying to hear something from the wall. "I asked, what’s your name?" Veer asks the man but he just pays no attention to him like before and was still engaged in the wall. "I think he was right. This man really is insane", Veer murmurs. Veer decides to go out but as he approaches the cell door, a shrilled voice comes-

        "Adheer..."

A/N:

Here it is. Our first post. We hope the story touches everyone's heart. This is a combined effort of me and my friend, Satyadeep. You can also follow him satyadeepbal.
Hope you all like it. Keep reading and comment your views.
Thanks...